Only the most heartless would make a young family homeless.

6 X 6

Just a respectful reminder that you may wish to mount a bird nest patrol over the next few weeks and discourage, at a very early stage, any attempt by some bird to put your MV temporarily off the road by turning it into an all wheel drive nesting box.

DSCF0019-1.jpg

Call Bill Oddie.....

Very interesting. Now my Iltis is in a garage, I think this is less likely. I used to get some huge spiders in it and a tramp slept in it one night - or a drunk; no one is sure...it must have been blimmin' uncomfortable.

M

Call Bill Oddie.....

Very interesting. Now my Iltis is in a garage, I think this is less likely. I used to get some huge spiders in it and a tramp slept in it one night - or a drunk; no one is sure...it must have been blimmin' uncomfortable.

M

That was me ! it was a lovely nights kip ...more comfy than I'm used to. Thanks.

And you have to look in every corner they get every where!

There was a robin or two that nested in my Explorer and once there were four nests, one in each of the rear chassis ends. No eggs so I raked them out and went to a show for the weekend, when I returned one bird was waiting by the farm gate and followed me until I parked up, then got straight on with a re-build!

Black birds love it on top of the starter motor which is easy to stop but one poor robin decided to hide a nest in a corner inside the radiator cowl and suffered the consequences when the fan started to turn and the nest was sucked out! :-(

A friend had the top hose off his Explorer and a wren went in through the hole and nested in the coffee pot, He also had a blackbird on the starter, this meant a quiet few weeks at home for him and his Scammell! :-( :cry:

Dragline with Gardner 6LW, parked up for 4 weeks, went to start - not firing at all. Pull levers to crack injectors, fine. 15 minutes later, a full can of "Start yer B@$£&rd" and 24 volts instead of 12, it finally let out a big bang and clattered away a treat. Wandered around the back to gaze at the smoke display and found a blackbird's nest with asphyxiated youngsters laying on the ground, the poor bird must have made its nest way into the unsilenced horizontal exhaust pipe. We could have left the digger where it was for a while but had no idea. Sometimes you just don't see them :-(