Scammell Explorer Gallery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me the colour of this explorer (i know its green) shade and finish is what im after

thanks chris

Nato green matt from Bailey paints (ADE 381C 285 MATT)

We had just had a shower of rain so may look a bit different

dave

That's gorgeous ! I like the upturned manifold and the future member of HMVF in the second 'photo.:thumbsup:

That's my boy! Taking an interest already and not just two yet. He's even more interested in tractors at the moment though.

Nice pictures Norman, I have never seen that one before, what was on at Tatton this weekend ?

John

Just a craft and country shopping fair. There were a few fair ground rides about and this Scammel was powering one of them. Albeit with a remote generator in the trailer behind, rather than the on board engines.

i looked at turbos explorer about 10 years ago to see how he had fitted the double plated clutch. he said theres the spanners theres the truck help your self. so thats how i ended up with the double plated clutch in mine. a very clever man who will help you:)

i looked at turbos explorer about 10 years ago to see how he had fitted the double plated clutch. he said theres the spanners theres the truck help your self. so thats how i ended up with the double plated clutch in mine. a very clever man who will help you:)

yeah i get on well with turbo.i have a good laugh with him at the shows:drive:

Hi. Can someone who has an Explorer on the road tell me which oils I need to get hold of as I want to change all the gear/axle/diff oils soon. This is what I understand so far:

SAE 140 for the rear diff

SAE 90 for the gear/transfer boxes and rear walking beams

Does the front axle use 140 or 90 and what about the winches, front swivel housings and steering box? I'd appreciate advice from anyone as I've heard conflicting advice. Don't want to order the wrong stuff obviously. Thanks. Daz :-D

I was going to put 140 in the walking beams and rear diff as thats whats in them now and 90 in the front diff and gearboxes.

Further advice please chaps.:readbook:

Mmm- Seems like we've got partially conflicting info Rob. I don't know how different 90 and 140 are. Hopefully someone will shed some light. Hope the rebuild's coming along nicely. Daz

According to my workshop manual OC600 for rear axle,steering box,steering linkage,swivel bearings,vertical winch,jib winch,clutch operating linkage,brake linkage,accelerator linkage,propeller shaft bearings,generator bearings and all lubricating nipples ! OMD330 front axle,gearbox and transfer box. OMD110 for Engine,air cleaners,air compressor,starter motor,steering cylinder,servo cylinders (front and main),winch dog clutch,jib winding gear,and oil can lubrication LG280 for fan and coolant pump bearings,clutch withdrawal bearing and front hub bearings. XG271 magneto greaser and front swivels ! :-D

According to my workshop manual OC600 for rear axle,steering box,steering linkage,swivel bearings,vertical winch,jib winch,clutch operating linkage,brake linkage,accelerator linkage,propeller shaft bearings,generator bearings and all lubricating nipples ! OMD330 front axle,gearbox and transfer box. OMD110 for Engine,air cleaners,air compressor,starter motor,steering cylinder,servo cylinders (front and main),winch dog clutch,jib winding gear,and oil can lubrication LG280 for fan and coolant pump bearings,clutch withdrawal bearing and front hub bearings. XG271 magneto greaser and front swivels ! :-D

Thanks Andy mate! Just need to find the modern equivalents to these so I'll get in touch with Morris oils and see if they can shed some light. Looking at this the whole rear axle (ie diff and walking beams) uses the same OC600 throughout whilst the front axle shares the same as the gearboxes. Great help Ta. :yay: