Registering a previous un-UK-regerstered vehicle

pop larkin

Question

10 answers to this question

The main thing is to get an approximate date of manufacture, from a body recognised by DVLA. You may well need a valuation , again from a recognised body, for insurance purposes.

The easiest way to do both of these is via your area MV group, who should have a person appointed for this task. Often they can do this by photographs, which makes life easier. There may be a nominal fee, but it goes to a good cause!!

You might also need to get the vehicle weighed, £5 at a nearby public weighbridge (lots about).

This is how I go about it.

Tony

The French used a lot of them, including the forign Legion, so the possibility for a diffrent set of markings exists. I know a couple in France in FFL markings. Most likley the vehicle had a make over at Hotchkiss. Replica English data plates are available. I have a partial list of chassis numbers.

Hi guys. My uncle is looking to buy a 1942 WC51 which has spent its life in France. As a result it has not been previously registered in the UK. Can someone please tell me what is involved in registering a vehicle for the first time.

Many thanks.

Paul,

Has 'Uncle Mike' got the urge to get another vehicle now?

Nige