www.gatheringofeagles.co.uk

Jack

Morning guys.

Would like to let you know that the Gathering of Eagles 2006 now has it own website http://www.gatheringofeagles.co.uk bear with me as it is me who is building it....so your patience is required!

We hope that the site will help keep everyone up to date with this very special event, it really is one of a kind and we can post up the latest news and details and also allows us to post up images of the event once it has finished.

It would be appreciated if any of you guys who attend the last event have any images of the weekend that they can send me as then I can post them up so please do send to jack@gatheringofeagles.co.uk

And the email address for Clive or Neil is info@gatheringofeagles.co.uk

Thank you to all and look forward to seeing to over the weekend as this will be the first 'event' for my now finished GMC8)

Best wishes and again bear with me whilst we build the site.

Jack.

PS. Many thanks to Madman for headsup and the uploading bit of the site :wink: cheers mate....you have to get over here for it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a quick one to see who is thinking of attending.

I know for sure that Kev and I wil be driving up from Dorset and would be nice to arrange to meet up with people on the way and to see if we can build a nice convoy on the way up.

Cheers.

Jack.

Hi Jack

I have booked in!!

I spoke to clive a few weeks ago and it sounds quite good! On the saterday i think theres going to be a road run to all the places of interest where the american were based in the local area, on the sat evening theres going to be a demo of a working search light and then i think it going to be a static display on the village green on sunday!

I will great to be able to put some names to faces!

Best Regards

Rowan

.........and then i think it going to be a static display on the village green on sunday!

Well that B**ggers our camping then.

Anyone got any further details on the camping side?

Hi Colin.

............I am working on it?

You coming?

Nah,.. I think your Babel Fish needs new batteries.

What I actually said was, I'm equipped to sleep and victual in the back of the Jimmy and any old lay by or car-park will do for me. With 60 gallons of water, a generator, microwave, kettle, TV and shower built in, fields are pretty much an unnecessary luxury.

• 1 month later...

Ok chaps. By your beds :shock:

Will have more details later but camping has been arranged.

Will be speaking to Clive tonight and then I will be able to fill in thge blanks 8)

Cheers.

jack.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all.

Just a quick up date.

Vehicle entries have now closed with it being over subscribed :shock:

Here is just a selection of vehicles that will be attending;

7 x GMC's

1 x M24 Chaffee Light Tank

20 x Jeeps

2 x Dodge Command Cars

15 x Dodge WC's

1 x T16 Universal Bren Gun Carrier

2 x DUKWS

1 x Harley

1 x Matchless

1 x Ariel

Re enactment groups;

4th Wiltshires

Thunder From Heaven

Screaming Eagles

101st North West

1st Allied Airborne

Garrison Living History Group

Keep you eye on http://www.gatheringofeagles.co.uk for updates.

Best wishes.

Jack.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a taster of the weekend..........I am still trying to dry out!

STA43177.jpg

STA43174.jpg

STA43112.jpg

STA431192.jpg

STA430802.jpg

STA43322.jpg

STA43060.jpg

STA43309.jpg

some cool dude dancing :wink: ...wasn't me.

STA43400.jpg

More to come..........well we did take over 300 pictures :shock:

glad you had a good time,

me & russ popped up late on sunday afternoon but some of the guys had already pulled out.

we left when andy started moving the hetzer. big piece of kit in a small square :shock:

our show was rained out completly which was a shame but i'll post some photos on the glos thread.

i spotted dotty dodge (rowan) with his dad in one of your pictures.... see you at nibley rowan....

hopefully i'll meet some of you at horndean.

ta

Berni

Hi Berni.

Sorry we missed you :oops: we pulled out about 13:25 and I put the jimmy up between the Hetzer and the rocks on the green :shock: as the other exit was blocked by cars :twisted:

Rowan left at the same time, despite the rain it was a very special weekend.

It was our first show since finishing the jimmy and was slightly nervous driving up to Aldbourne as it or I have never driven that far before :oops: :shock: ........but I do like adrenalin :shock: Screaming Meemie performed faultlessly all the way and I was in the good company of my friend Kev in his Dodge and we had a great reponse when we drove through Tidworth 8)

It was wonderful to meet some other Jimmy drivers (us brothers most stick together.....and sisters :wink:) and we had great fun on the convoy, well organised and well attended.

The family and I slept in the back of the truck and we did rough it but we knew that we had to do a recce to found out exactly what was what and it was great to meet the HMVF guys, Rowan, Whistlingwolf and Shopnut......we had some fun!

Yours truely....note the .45 :wink: nice Diamond T was spotless, well wasn't when we had finished going through that green lane :shock:

STA431072.jpg

Neil Stevens one of the organisers looking ahead at the convoy

STA431012.jpg

Shopnut, 3rd left......taught me how to tie my tarp down, nice one Rob

STA431851.jpg

Some of us outside Chiltin Foliat lodge

STA431771.jpg

Start of convoy

STA430952.jpg

My good lady in the middle

STA431631.jpg

Some 'brothers'

STA431331.jpg

STA431371.jpg

Some GMC's

STA43322.jpg

Cool dude Whistlewolf :wink:

STA43401.jpg

STA43399.jpg

Crazy American who was filming the whole event for Don Burgett and a documentry.

STA43103.jpg

Selection of dudes

STA43309.jpg

STA43113.jpg

STA43241.jpg

STA43353.jpg

STA431192.jpg

STA430202.jpg

Convoy stretching right back to the church in Marlborough town centre

STA43116.jpg

History talk by Neil Stevens at Ramsbury airfield.

STA431251.jpg

reenactors on the Green.

STA43294.jpg

STA43390.jpg

STA43392.jpg

STA43391.jpg

Hi All

This was a great event and i was really glad me and my dad attended.

Even though the rain was a pain in the a** it didnt really ruin the sunday events i just made everythink and everyone wet!!!

I have to say the road run on the saturday had to be best bit of the weekend i really enjoyed taking the dodge off road for the first couple of miles and will definatley do it again if i get the chance.

Jack it was great meeting you and your family and i really hope you enjoyed the weekend as much as me and my dad did.

Best Regards

Rowan

Will add some photos when i get the chance

Good to chat to you at the weekend Jack.

My mate wants to know why the picture outside Chilton Foliat Hall looks like its mine and Julies wedding photo :D

Road run was great fun, apart from the lunch stop, that must have been Wiltshires bleakest spot, good thing we had our cook house with us in the Ambulance. More green lanes needed in future.

You de gunged the Jimmy yet? Its the first time in my life I have camped in a tip and hopefully the last.

Why were we in that crappy field when the other one actually had grass in it as well as soil :)

Cheers