Another one bites the rust...

Rania

Hi,

First let me start by saying great forum and thanks for the opportunity to join.

It's taken a while to get here as my primary interest is WW2 RAF Air Sea Rescue craft.

Not an easy thing to get to a show with unfortunately so needs must.

I've got two RAF Seaplane tenders, one 32' narrow beam and the other a wide beam 40'6' (ST365) craft that I bought to save from the chainsaw. I'll be selling the ST365 shortly as I'm out of space and can concentrate on only one at a time.

I've bought a Bedford QLB and a suitable trailer and, if it all works out well, I may eventually get to tow the boat to a show next year. Well that's loosely the plan.

I have hopes that she will be be able to assist the in some fundraising events for the veterans if things work out.

My interest is DUKW's. A mate & I have bought a 'project' that should just about go through a metal detector without setting it off. We have set a silly target of getting it on the road for the summer. Hopefully the summer of 2008. We're still at the dismantling/cutting stage. Does anyone have any drawings/hull templates for sale as ours has been welded/hacked about so often?

I hope there are some members in the East Anglian area with advice ( especially on Bedford QLB's/DUKW's). I'm a newby on the mechanics of these creatures. I was going to get a CCKW but I don't think the RAF had them in any numbers and the QL, like the Matador is a rather iconic British truck.

Some pictures of the boats at http://www.rania.co.uk/ST365

All advice welcome and merry Christmas to you all.

Don

Hello Don and welcome aboard. Im sure you may find some help on here as everyone takes an interest in something with an engine that makes a great noise, hasa bit of age, and more importantly history about it! Where in East Anglia are you and the planes based, Im guessing near the sea?

Enjoy and have a good time. ;-)

We have radio's , softskins, armour, artillery,firearms, motorcycles, bicycles, and boats ....oh and pilots , but how are we doing on the aircraft issue ?The Culb house grounds are being expanded as rapid as possable but do you think it will be enough space for an airstrip with hangers and a lagoon for the vessels?

We have radio's , softskins, armour, artillery,firearms, motorcycles, bicycles, and boats ....oh and pilots , but how are we doing on the aircraft issue ?The Culb house grounds are being expanded as rapid as possable but do you think it will be enough space for an airstrip with hangers and a lagoon for the vessels?

don't forget, a stable for us donkey wallopers.

Baz.