New Sign Near Our MVT Meeting Place!!!!!!!!!

Jessie The Jeep

On the way to the MVT meeting in Hartlepool on Tuesday night, myself and Jason noticed the 'Welcome to Seaton Carew' sign by the railway bridge had been altered ( obviously prompted by recent headline news ). I went back after the meeting to take a picture, but someone ( the police perhaps ) had removed the change! Shame!!!!!!!

It was too funny to leave the opportunity, so I took a picture anyway and altered the sign to make it look like it did when first seen - see attached

Steve

Don't want to scare anyone but that looks like a cloud of ectoplasm to the right of the sign post..........another story for the Bolero mess tent :naughty: :naughty:

:shake: TOLD you,....................its that BL**DY MONKEY...................... :sweat: :sweat:

At least your signs have a sense of humour :cry: there are London low emissions area entry , starts Feb 2008 signs appearing in every b*****Y lane around here. And we are supposed to be in KENT!!!

I understand BAKED BEANS have been Banned, from 1st Feb................

as for BRUSSEL SPROUTS,....................... :whistle:

:dunno: What's this all about???

If your refering to the Monkey refferences, Its a piece of hartlepool folklaw,...could well be true, or not. :whistle:

During the napolionic wars, its said that a monkey was washed ashore, in that town.

It was supposidly dressed in french seamans kit, and was assumed, because it didn't understand laungage, when spoken to, to be a french spy.

On this basis, it was tried, found guilty and hung.

It was reported in the papers of the time, so the probability of some truth, is great.

I spent a bit of time in Hartlepool as a lad and have great affection for the place. My dad sort of kidnapped me and left me with family friends there - I used to get a freshly dug raw carrot as a treat every day - which was brilliant to me because I'd never seen them except in tins or on a greengrocer shelf. It's a long story, but it was there I discovered model kits. Honesty was also alive and well in those days because I left my watch in a restaurant and the owners found my address in London and sent it back.

Didn't a recent mayoral candidate win because he dressed as the famous monkey - which is a true story.

If I'm :offtopic: I don't care. Nostalgia is what it used to be.....