Wet weather gear on a Dodge Weapons Carrier

Larry Hayward

Question

I think thats about the same as the open cab Diamond T trucks they had half door lowers only .

a bit off this topic but I think in the American WW2 vehicle group only the staff cars,the Dodge ambulance's and perhaps the Dodge Command cars had heaters as standard equipment , perhaps other know if that's correct or if there were others .

No idea on the Canadian or British Military <perhaps also only ambulances and staff and command cars>

Real Men didn't need such extras as doors and heaters?

The British Ford WOA2 utility staff car did not have a heater, but it does have doors and windows.

Being resourceful , having a need and finding a solution something soldiers are good at . Great photo never seen another like it . Wonder how many others are still unpublished in old scrap books kept by Veterans . Speaking of that I will look for some I was given .

I had Norwegian doors on the WC52 worked great except for the doorhandle on the inside.

I hit my arm on it...bloody painful. So took the hadle of and used a rubber band like trucks use on their tarp. Worked OK.

(Or get a Dodge Ambulance, Carryall or Command car....)