Replica Weapon Debate

thedawnpatrol

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the 8 bells is a permitted event? Who Permits it? :dunno: And more importantally who decides it isn't permitted?

“permitted event” means a commercial event at which firearms or realistic imitation firearms (or both) are offered for sale or displayed;

I'm going to try and sound non political.

What I cannot understand is why we need new laws, what we need is the criminals who commit gun related crime being punished. There is supposed to be a minimum 5 yrs for carrying a gun, yet in london people are still getting 2 yrs.

AS far as I am aware, no one from the military vehcile movement has ever reactvated a gun and used it in crime.

This is why when we attend shows we MUST make the effort to talk to the public and show them we are not all gun nutters.

I would say the chance of getting this Act scrapped or amended are less than zero.. it was only because the top guys from many groups got involved in this issue from the start that we have the Defence in Law written in to the Act... it's not all doom & gloom if you study it enough... the problems begin when you read the Act & see what you want to seen & try make it fit your personal circumstances... don't forget ignorance isn't defence...

This is where I - at least -get confused. If a FAO who is, I believe, trained in such matters cannot give a definitive answer to questions about such an act, what chance do we lessr mortals have of getting it right and not falling foul of the PC "ban everything" brigade ??

A lot of FAC legislation is due to guidelines, that can vary from force to force. The other nasty bit in this is 'By the Secretary of State'. This makes it 'Enabling' legislation, From now on any 'Secretary of State' can decide an event is not permitted with no futher consultation, and at any time.

tony 1st you say that its an open forum 2nd you say about mv owners i also have mv,s alot of them 3rd you say if you dont agree with moderaters you should shut up are they the law 4th you said if you dont agree stop posting but originaly you said its an open forum which is it all to be im comfused no insult was meant (if thats how it has been misread ) but like we all agree this IS A FORUM

Yes this is a forum, a privately owned, privately run and privately paid for forum. This mean that whoever pays the bill has the right to set the rules. Everybody is free to join and free to post on this very open forum as long as you follow the rules.

This sounds like a no brainer to me and nothing to get excited about. We have over 900 members who all comply to these rules.

Oh by the way, the rules are not open for discussion. :police:

One thing Mark no insult intended. Yes public, that is a 2 edged sword. Good thing is we can argue, sorry discuss, then head for the bar to make up. Unfortunatley 'they' seem to have it in for anything military and firearms, and has been seen words quoted out of context can be used to great detriment.

Now if was paranoid *ahem* I would put forward the opinion that the wording is deliberatley sooooo vague and open to interpretation so

that it can be 'flexed' in whatever direction that the powers that be

deem appropriate, to serve whatever particular axe they are grinding at the time...

whilst that option is most definately NOT open to us & gawd help us if we do :police:

Here we go again - the law abiding citizen gets hit by restrictive legislation and the low life can paint their hand guns pink and walk around with it?

At least all the helpful information in this discussion I now know I am safe from prosecution because my model cannon representing pre 1870 guns are OK - but the sten I was planning to make to 'dress' my DR bike is illegal. Ho hum - suppose I will have to save up to buy a deact - seems mad to me.

With all this talk of de-acts,.just a gentle reminder, (yes, it has been covered before, on here,..............make sure you carry either a photocopy,((marked 'photocopy')) or orig deact cert with you at ALL times your with weapon,..............and don't loose it. :whistle:)

The Manchester Evening News attempted to market a story yesterday about local trading standards officers impounding "hundreds of air weapons" - actually airsoft BB guns of the sort sold at Beltring and elsewhere for a while. So they are obviously enforcing the act in some places.

Manchester has great problems. We claim to be responsible law abiding people. If we do not agree with a law, supposedly we have the democratic right to object. So let's explore that. But ladies & gentleman, whilst it is the law I urge everyone, do all that is possible to comply with it. Maybe we should open one of those on line petions?

Manchester has great problems. We claim to be responsible law abiding people. If we do not agree with a law, supposedly we have the democratic right to object. So let's explore that. But ladies & gentleman, whilst it is the law I urge everyone, do all that is possible to comply with it. Maybe we should open one of those on line petions?

Don't forget if you keep putting your names to these petitions it's a good way them to gather data on your interests :whistle:

Its just that if I'd done something like that I'd have needed surgery to remove the chief security officer's boot. If a private firm did something like that they'd be hounded into the floor.

:angry: I know,...............but it seems the 'norm', the bigger one CO*Ks UP, the more one is plakated,............not in same league, I know, This england team,football manager, just been sacked,.....wouldn't do the decent thing and resign,......but goes with a VERY large handout. :angry: :angry:

If I was not performing my duties, well, I'd NOTbe getting cash,.........but quite probably my P45............... :whistle:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-1294927,.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7118332.stm

Co-ordinated raids in Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham and London led to 118 arrests and the seizure of the weapons - most of them replicas.

OPERATION SEIZURES

Ten handguns

1,296 imitation firearms

Three CS gas canisters

One stun gun

Four air weapons

Large number knives/batons

Live ammunition (five seizures)

34 vehicles

£5,900 in cash

67 warrants executed