Unknown MV

Rlangham

Right oh chaps, i've been trying to find a vehicle for a while but have no idea what it is. Basically, at the War and Peace show near our display (so it would have been close to if not exactly opposite the 'Rolling Thunder' display), a few military vehicles from Eastern Europe, including one that looked like a VW camper van, that wasn't. I presume it's probably Russian or Czech but have no luck in trying to find it on the internet, anyone know of any vehicles that I might be thinking of?

If it was one of the above,...............good beasties; They used to be sold around this area, and I can remember when laying out AWDC trials, one turning up, every one laughing,......until it kept clearing sections........... :whistle:

Fantastic off road as was demonstrated to me just before I bought mine some years back, now sold.

width=640 height=480http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i272/ian2b/100_0251.jpg[/img]

Right oh chaps, i've been trying to find a vehicle for a while but have no idea what it is. Basically, at the War and Peace show near our display (so it would have been close to if not exactly opposite the 'Rolling Thunder' display), a few military vehicles from Eastern Europe, including one that looked like a VW camper van, that wasn't. I presume it's probably Russian or Czech but have no luck in trying to find it on the internet, anyone know of any vehicles that I might be thinking of?

It´s an UAZ 452 vehicle put on the original chassis of the much more known GAZ-69M with new engine. These vehicles were mostly used as ambulances and radio transmitting stations. I am pretty sure Richard at http://www.russiantruck.co.uk offers some of those.

Regards Robert

Ahah! That's the one, thanks so much guys. What are they like for reliability, ease of driving etc? Think i've just found a cool alternative to buying a VW camper next summer....

I had great fun driving mine it used to rock and roll a bit but that was probably due to worn suspension. One of the best thing about my one was it was Tax Exempt due to being registered as an ambulance. They are a very basic vehicle and the best description I have heard was "They are like a VW camper on steroids" which is a very true description. The biggest problem is RUST mine was very rusty around the roof channels and had other rust in all the normal places like door bottoms and wheel arches but other than that it was a solid vehicle.