Electrical sockets in my Lwt LR

LarryH57

In the front of my Lwt is an electric socket (+ and - only), which I think was intended for a vehicle inspection lamp. I want to use the supply for other purposes like phone and satnav etc and I just need some suitable pin connectors for my wiring. At one time Halfords had a big range but its like they sell toys now not vehicle spares!

So what have you got that would be suitable rather than an old nail !

Or you could try this from Bits4Landys.  Just be careful that you get the connections round the right way or else the USB module goes bang.  I know this from experience. 

It might need some adjustment to fit a Lightweight with the different layout of the bulkhead, but all the bits are there for fitting.

Dan

Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 09.09.12.png

I fitted an in-line fuse behind the dash to feed the socket. That gave protection for any accessories I then plugged in. It also gave protection for the +ve socket itself as the insulation from the metal dash is just a piece of folded cardboard.

Also it gave protection as the Lucas 2-pin plug leaves a live terminal exposed.

There are some fully insulated AM plugs that fit exactly, but be very careful as the ones I bought were shorting plugs!

As a protection against reversed polarity you could fit a diode in series with your +ve connection.