Land Rover (TUL) Wolf

Barrie

Question

Good morning everyone.

I am the proud civilian  owner of a soft top LR Wolf which was registered KA 74 AA.

I've been trying to delve into the service history of the Wolf and have found the following information but I'm looking for a bit more.

From a FOI request I've found that the Wolf served with 'The RAF Force Protection Force HQ' from 1997 (Its date in service) until January 2008. One of the FOI documents was the modification record which show it was modified by the fitting of 'Emergency Lights, Siren and wiring Harness'. From this I'm assuming it served with the RAF Police rather than the RAF Regiment (?). The RAF Force Protection Force HQ is currently at RAF Honington, but not sure where they were based 1997 - 2008.

ON the vehicle history record the UIN (Unit Imprest Number) for the Vehicles RAF service is 'F6675A'

So, basically, was this vehicle RAF Police or RAF Regiment ?

Where was the RAF Force Protection Force HQ in 1997 - 2008 ?

What location does F6675A relate to ?

TIA

Barrie

S.E.Wales

7 answers to this question

Clive,

Thank you for the installation diagram, however my Wolf is a soft top. I believe that the blue lights (on a soft top) were on top of an extended aerial candlestick (?)

Edited by Barrie
Correction

The UIN indicates a unit, but does not indicate where that unit is.  RAF  stations tend to stay put, so if you can identify the unit, you may find that it's title tells you the location.  But with an Army unit, it simply takes its UIN with it, wherever it goes.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Other than knowing my Wolf was with 'The RAF Force Protection Force HQ'  (so many 'Forces' in the title !)  from 1997 -to- 2008,  I don't know which unit/section/team it served with. I was hoping that this could be discovered from the UIN.

The RAF Force Protection Force (... all those 'Forces' again !)  since 2015 is  based at RAF Honington, prior to this I think the HQ was RAF Henlow in Bedfordshire.

So if I could find out (if someone has a definitive list) what UIN F6675A relates to, it would give me a clearer idea of the vehicles service history.

Here's hoping .............