Someone likes you Brits ;-)

Panzer_peter

I know the by heart, the words of the BBC radio broadcast, that told the danes that they where free again. And i was born 27 years after :-)

Peter - Wonder how the speaker did know, that you would be born some 27 years later? :-)

All the best

I remember my parents having candles in the windows every may 4. in the evening like many Danes did spontaneously on the May 4. 1945. You can still se that tradition brought to live today on the day of our liberation, but not practised from younger generations.

Well I do, even though I was borne 16 years later. It gives me an excellent opportunity to tell the story to my kids. I think that history is very important – that’s the key to understand the world today.

By the way - Wonder if Denmark is the only country with that tradition. How are the end of WW2 celebrated in YOUR country – any traditions?

width=640 height=426http://i24.tinypic.com/99i25d.jpg[/img]

Best regards

Peter the English don't do things like that :nono: In Jersey during the celebration of the 60th anniversary of the Liberation, teachers were told not to refer to German s, but 'Foreign Occupying Powers' :dunno:

Or do they?. One of my favourite Fawlty Towers episodes is the one where Basil had German guests. “Don’t mention the war …”.

We must remember and tell the history in an objective way. What did happen and who did it should not be forgotten – we should learn from it. Of course we shall forgive but never forget.

Regards

Hi :-) kim. I dont understand what you mean ??

Ps. I ALWAYS have candles in our windows every may 4. :-)

Hi Peter

Well, I was only joking or trying to anyway. It’s a matter of wording. Reading your lines one could – more or less intentionally- misunderstand the contents in a way, that the statement of your birth was a part of the radio announcement

We should all have candles in our windows every 4. May. I’m glad that do so also.

Best regards

Peter, I hope you are able to buy the Ferret. I have had mine for 8 months now and it is such fun. There will be problems but there will always be an answer or help from someone on here. Dont look back and think that you had the chance but never did it.

Good luck

David