Poppy PDF

Jack

Poppy PDF

Following on from the news item on the front page I have repeated Marks story here and you can download the PDF here to (see above) - get involved and make a difference and well done to Mark for being honest.

Dear all.

This year I am determined to get my vehicle out on Remberance Sunday somewhere and hopefully with the help of some friends and the correct buckets etc, try to raise some money for the Royal British Legion.

Why I hear you ask, because I have never done it at all, because I was "always busy", because,because,because, there was always some excuse not to be bothered, well this year I can be bothered and I will.

Since collecting MV's and going to shows you meet all types of people, and as many have said on here, "when you speak to an old soldier it brings humility and sadness" to listen to their tales of war and friends they lost, you look at their face when you give them a lift in your vehicle and it may be joy or a faraway look in their eyes, these are the people that the RBL look after, these are some that i would like to help.

Below are some facts from the RBL website that I would like to post here, must admit I was very ignorant of these:

1. 10.5 million people in the UK are eligible to ask for their help.

2. People as young as 17.5 are sent on active service, so vets are not all OAP's

3. 1968 is the only year since WWII that a British service person has not been killed.

There are more facts why not log on yourself and read them.

Just before I end this little piece there is one more fact that I would like to put up.

Each year more than 300,000 staff and volunteers organise the poppy appeal, this year I WANT TO BE ONE OF THEM.

Good one Mark. :-D

Get that collecting tin and 'Shake Rattle & Roll'.

You will have a great time, meet some fantastic people and be doing some real good. :clap:

Like the PDF guys - Jack are you still up for Dorchester this year?

DONT RATTLE/SHAKE those collecting tins,........................have been told by charity collectors of long standing, its not allowed under the terms of charity collecting. :dunno:

( it's thought to intimidate some people. ) :roll:

It is difficult not to though................... ;-)

Good one Mark. :-D

Get that collecting tin and 'Shake Rattle & Roll'.

You will have a great time, meet some fantastic people and be doing some real good. :clap:

Like the PDF guys - Jack are you still up for Dorchester this year?

To right Sue! I didn't have much luck with this last year but we need to do this!