Markings ID help needed...

Marmite!!

Posting these on behalf of Mrs.Saracenstump, these markings came to the surface when she power washed her recent addition to the Stumpy fleet.. anyone know what they are :dunno:

width=640 height=425http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/safariswing/Leewash051.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=425http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/safariswing/Leewash033.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=425http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/safariswing/Leewash050.jpg[/img]

She'll have to join the Forum now Stuart :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Lee,

The white over blue square is Royal Signals, the other one is new to me, As I cannot see a body on this K9, I would assume that it originally had a house-type wireless body. A lot of the K9's that survived in service the longest, were Signals vehicles, then when disposed of, the bodies were removed and put on the back of Bedford RL flatbeds, along with two 3.5kva gen sets.

Will see if I can find out any more on the other sign.

Cheers for that Richard, just a flat bed on it at the moment, Mr.Stump intends putting a Wireless body on it for Mrs.Stump there happens to be one sitting on another K9 down the Fort which he has done a deal on :-D

Rumour has it that the Royal Corps of Signals museum will be moving from Blanford to Catterick very soon. Would be worth contacting Blanford now, they may have some history. All the vehicle records are now at Deepcut RLC musuem. What they do have at Blanford is a K9 set up with the basha on the side.

The army is currently trying to relocate many of its training establishments to cheaper parts of the country so it can sell their current locations for lots of money.

Bordon Deepcut and Blandford are all being talked about or already decided.

I thought Blandford training was going to move to a new Joint Service training establisment in South Wales.

I thought Blandford training was going to move to a new Joint Service training establisment in South Wales.

17 Jan 2007 : Column 798

Des Browne: The Metrix bid proposes to move the training currently delivered at the Royal School of Signals in Blandford to St. Athan by the end of the transition phase, but, again, no significant moves are currently anticipated before 2011. The RSS is, of course, only one element of the activities undertaken by the Royal Corps of Signals in the camp. We are still reviewing the implications for the headquarters of the signal officer in chief and the other units, including the research and development facilities on the site.

Defence jobs in Wales are being lost at DSDC (Defence Storage & Distribution Centre) Llangenach. They are responsible for the printing & distribution of AESPs, EMERs, JSPs etc. Service users are being actively encouraged to get the info via military system on-line as 80% of documentsw are now available in that format. Printing of documents will continue until next Feb. It is possible what remains of the hard copy documents will go to Bicester & printing will be contracted out. (When you order a document they have to print it to order, that is why genuine documents these days have appallingly poor quality of pictures & look like photocopies, for that is what they are.)