When is enough really enough

.303fan

Many can remember the semi automatic clutch system m wife had installed in her 109 Series 3 land rover.

After the destruction of two LT76 gearboxes and a bodged one we run on that lacks a reverse, the selector box electrics packed up. A rough two weeks made us decide to quit, the plan is to accept failure and get a motability car so we can get the 109 in bits, clean and repair the chassis and build a 300tdi with zf4 hp22 autobox for a better ride and less hassle with the recalibration of the computers every time a engine or gearbox get changed. A rewire is needed too as 32 years of use gets some issues.

Enough is enough, we cannot continue this way. Now, does a Skoda Yeti come with a nato hitch option?

A friend with mobility issues had an "automatic" clutch.

Push button on gearstick, disengaged clutch, change gear and let button go.

Bit tricky to get the release speed coordinated without stalling but he got it sussed in the end.

I seem to recall it was like a vacuum servo working a hydraulic release.

What system do you have fitted?

Alec.

We have the electronic servo type with the box with push buttons that rattles itself to bits every year, cables that get faulty as it is a thin gauge and the engine vibrates a bit.

I have a spare 300tdi with bent crankshaft and a autobox that went bang six years ago. Clutches are fine and it pumps oil around but no drive comes to the propshaft.

As for the nato hitch, they can get a Dixon bate with certifI cation plate and make it work. The sankey got both a nato and 7 pin plug.

http://dixon-bate.co.uk/ For those not familiar with the Dixon Bates adjustable system, you have a ladder back piece bolted to the vehicle. Then face plates to which you attach the hitch of your choice which is pinned by a removable pin to the plate at desired height. I have a NATO on one plate and a Universal couplig on another. It's just a case of pin which one I want on. Funnily enough the NATO is the most used, especially if towing out a stuck truck on a rope or chain. I lock the hook down and set to spin so regadless of what the vehicles do, the hitch moves around.

http://dixon-bate.co.uk/ For those not familiar with the Dixon Bates adjustable system, you have a ladder back piece bolted to the vehicle. Then face plates to which you attach the hitch of your choice which is pinned by a removable pin to the plate at desired height. I have a NATO on one plate and a Universal couplig on another. It's just a case of pin which one I want on. Funnily enough the NATO is the most used, especially if towing out a stuck truck on a rope or chain. I lock the hook down and set to spin so regadless of what the vehicles do, the hitch moves around.

Been looking at this for the Land Rover, just read their documentation and there is a need to check tension on bolts at certain mileage periods

That is recommended for any tow hitch. Many moons ago when I was foolish (Yeah what changes?) I used to marshall at AWD events. At one whilist yanking out a stuck competitor the hitch bolts failed. I've never moved so fast in my life, straight into a ditch. The Scrutineer was subject to some very harsh words.