>>> 'Bolero' Thursday 28th June - Arrivals

Lynne and I had been on a camping holiday about 25 miles North of Bolero HQ for the previous week. On the Thursday morning, it took us around 3 hours to get up, pack the tent and jeep away and be ready to leave our camp site.

After only about 20 minutes drive, we arrived at Bolero HQ around noon, and spent another 2 hours setting everything back up again! While quite windy, it was bright, sunny and warm. Several vehicles were already there plus a small but growing camp, based around two of the wartime 'Frying Pan' dispersals on the North side of Parham Airfield.

It didn't seem long after setting the tent up that a low loader with two GMC's arrived, along with R Cubed and Rosemary. One of the GMC's was finished in Olive Drab with a hint of Pink!

No sooner was it unloaded than the notice board was updated for all to see!!!!

As the afternoon slipped into evening, further vehicles arrived, boosting the numbers of vehicles to around a third of the expected entry. Some vehicles were driven, others brought on trailers. Longest milages had to come from the group from Wales and also those from North Yorkshire. Bodge would have possibly been the most Northern member if he hadn't blown up the engine on his car about 20 miles from HQ. He spent the rest of Thursday heading back North on a recovery truck.

Some of the tracked vehicles were there or arrived on Thursday too. The Sherman was there when I arrived, and a Halftrack delivered late in the day. I was a little disappointed not to see the Sherman on the 65 mile drive on Saturday :-D but I'm guessing without selling off a small country, Adrian couldn't afford the fuel for that!! :roll:

That's all for Thursday, but coming to a forum near you soon, Day 1!!

Steve