Tempted

Markheliops

Hi all

I know it's late - but I am sorely tempted to try and get to Op Bolero with the Ward.

Will attempt to get some prices for a low loader or will lose all sense of perspective and try to drive it there.

Can anyone some up in a thread what's happening as I could spend all week reading all the threads.

I would have to leave Kent on the Friday morning as working until 0900hrs.

Where do I go?

Who do I have to contact to see if I can still go?

What do I need to bring - tent, cooking stuff, whatever?

Any other info that would help.

Cheers all

Markheliops

It would be awesome if you'd be able to come too!

The programme will be road runs on friday, saturday and sunday and as icing on the cake a flightshow on sunday with a B17 flyover(!!!)

Hi all

I know it's late - but I am sorely tempted to try and get to Op Bolero with the Ward.

Will attempt to get some prices for a low loader or will lose all sense of perspective and try to drive it there.

Can anyone some up in a thread what's happening as I could spend all week reading all the threads.

I would have to leave Kent on the Friday morning as working until 0900hrs.

Where do I go?

Who do I have to contact to see if I can still go?

What do I need to bring - tent, cooking stuff, whatever?

Any other info that would help.

Cheers all

Markheliops

Mark - that would be awesome to see you and your truck there - it may come in handy to :whistle: ( good photo opportunity).

I would suggest that you get hold of Clive or Neil and their contacts details can be found by going through the link on the home page or from here http://www.redballexpress.co.uk

It is going to be a great weekend and you can find all of the information on the site above. But basically, bring your tent, stove, food etc etc and and beer or in your case Whisky as you can join us GMC'ers (men).

There will be a convoy on Friday and the big 65 miler on Saturday taking in 4 airbase's and the dance on Saturday - and the Sunday we drive down to an airfield and watch the Sally B and 2 x P51's fly past and this is also open to the public............

Oh, and don't forget your camera!

You could always go camping with friends and enrich your relationships!!

Friday kicks off at 1000. Saturday at 0730. Sunday is later - between 1030 and Noon I think. The campsite HQ etc is at Parham. Up the A12 from Ipswich. The dance is an all ticket affair - see also the post on Framlingham. Joris is bringing Dutch beer. Jack is bringing the pink cushion. Lee is bringing a PW van and I am bringing a PW Toyota. Things could get messy.

Hi all.

I want too - but can't make it. Common sense tells me to give it a miss this year. :cry:

Feel a bit peeved as I can't get anyone to cover my shift at the fire station on Friday evening. Means I wouldn't be able to leave until Saturday morning after nine. Taking into account the traveling time, I wouldn't arrive until early Saturday evening - afternnon at best.

From what I can gather, all the convoys would have been completed except the run to the airfield on Sunday. It's a long way (and expensive) to come for a day at the airfield.

If I had been able to get my Thursday and Friday night shifts covered I would have definitely got there. Even if I could have got my Friday night shift covered I could have been there for the Saturday convoy.

It sounds like a great weekend and lets face it - it's all about driving ya truck which makes it worth the costs.

So pi--ed off. :cry:

Sorry chaps. Have a great weekend and try not to shout about ya fun too much when you get back.

Cheers

Markheliops

Hi all.

I want too - but can't make it. Common sense tells me to give it a miss this year. :cry:

Come on Mark - get it sorted - its a one off - and we will only talk about you if you aren't there - plus I need a drinking partner :whistle:

Right - last ditch attempt.

I have just mailed Clive and Neil to see if I will be able to possibly link up with the convoy Saturday at some point. :dunno:

If I leave at 0930hrs on the Saturday - should get to the area by - absolutely no idea - but eventually.

Must need my head examined - Totally NUTS springs to mind.

May surprise you all - Will be there if at all possible.

Markheliops

Did you get my PM of directions to the airfield in Google maps ????

Go on drive you know you should................. :shake:

R Cubed

I did thanks R Cubed - Hopefully I will get the ok to meet up on the Saturday. Are many people not going to the dance Sat eve - don't want to sit in my truck on my own like billy-no-mates.

Cheers

Markheliops

I think there are several groups which are not going either no tickets or can't dance we wont be going as we have to small boys to look after. So we will be there like billie no mates as well.................. :|

Let's hope someone will be able to cover your shift at the last minute or you'll be in for a stressfull day saturday. But it will be worth it! A lot of people are not going to the dance, me included, so we'll have a night of proper drinking!

I did thanks R Cubed - Hopefully I will get the ok to meet up on the Saturday. Are many people not going to the dance Sat eve - don't want to sit in my truck on my own like billy-no-mates.

Cheers

Markheliops

Great news Mark and top effort - would be great to see that beast in the convoy.

No worries about Saturday night as we are having the HMVF knees up on Saturday night as many of us aren't going to the dance plus the fact I have to baby sit all of the Mods - especially Joris.

Again, good news Mark!

No worries about Saturday night as we are having the HMVF knees up on Saturday night as many of us aren't going to the dance plus the fact I have to baby sit all of the Mods - especially Joris.

I'm no mod! :adminpwr:

Be nice or I'll demote you!

Top news - Happy as a pig in mud. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I have managed to arrange an exchange duty with someone so I will be making my way up on Friday -

Can take part in the convoy Saturday.

Still haven't heard from Clive or Neil as yet so will phone them BUT

It's looking promising.

Markheliops

Top news.

Have spoken to Clive - permission granted for me to attend.

Will see you all Friday night on your return from the day's convoy.

Must be mental - still, it's what the hobby is all about. :schocked:

See ya there.

Markheliops

We'll look forward to seeing you for the HMVF knees ups......Look out for a very smart 2004 Toyota Corolla Verso. It will be parked with the PW Mufti Club fleet - not to be ignored, we have some genuine non-classics...