B60 spark plugs

hardyferret

The RSN12Y is basically the same as the civi Land Rover plugs and they cost 98p. If you can be bothered to change the leads over this seems like the best bet. I bought a set to put in the Sabre but the engine had new ones in it when I got it so never bothered. A job for the future though!

Chris

I know Clive will lynch me.......... :shake:

But has anyone been down the road of getting rid of the sheilded plugs and using 'normal plugs' if so what sort and heat range or number??

Hi Hardyferret/pig,

I have used normal unshielded plugs in a "B range" engine belonging to a customer, cannot remember what it was at present, but I used the same plug as specified for the fire engine applications, which I think, is Champion N8, but will have to check that out first. The spark should be better as the screened sheilding produces an effect that weakens the spark, Clive will remember the term for it. I have done this on other screened vehicles and the result is so much better, especially if using plugs like Champion Gold Palladium or NGK Copper Core, because they have a wider heat range and do not foul so readily.

I know Clive will lynch me.......... :shake:

Well now that is an idea.

I think your first move is to fit the joley & remove the choke cable & review the situation. If your plugs don't stay nice & clean like those ones I blasted for you, then mess around with civy leads etc - if you must :roll:

:whistle:

Ever had that feeling, that your in it :dunno:

Only want a perfect pig, to cruise at 60 and return 25mpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and not fart and stutter, didn't know what was worse pig or Mrs HF's wrath

But will try these godlike RSN13Y's, are these the Ambrosia of Rolls Royce engines :dunno:

I have Mrs HF punctuating me at the moment, really should have applied myself to English grammar :|

Hardyferret :-(

Hardyferret,

I think Clive is a little worried that your projected modifications could make your Pig faster than his :whistle:

No, not really. It won't be any faster by the time he has bolted on so many accesories & nick nacks it will be weighed down. ;-)