Jim from the North-West

Tamber

Howdy!

I'm Jim, from the Bolton area; and, while I'm not the keeper of any military vehicles (...yet. There's still plenty of time, I hope.), I thought I'd stop lurking and join in.

I'm more of a commercial vehicles type of person, and not much of a restorer (resto-modder, if anything); but I love all things mechanical (the bigger and crazier, the better), and it's still a joy to see what people can bring back from what some might think completely gone. (The Loyd Carrier from the remains of range targets... :wow: That's inspirational.)

I'm just hoping that I can tap into some of the wealth of knowledge here on the forums, as I'm currently drooling over a Bedford RL recovery truck at the other end of the country (What's the point in being young and dumb if you can't do completely crazy things once in a while? :D) that I hope to get running and rolling again.

I can muddle my way through most things, I think; working as a welder, fabricator, hydraulic & pneumatic fitter, and an auto electrician... (There's that tired old phrase "Jack of All Trades, ..." again.)