Fwd r6t

Great War truck

It is interesting how things turn up. Steve came across this today while on his wanders. Believe this to be a 1928 FWD R6T, one of the original 24 before FWD became part of AEC. The one at Duxford is the later version (ex Budge?). Now fitted with a diesel but the steering column still has the advance/retard so it was petrol at one stage.

DSCN5557_zps9akp2yg8.jpg

DSCN5574_zpsxifj5mj7.jpg

DSCN5569_zpsvdz7hdgn.jpg

DSCN5573_zps9jvjx3cu.jpg

DSCN5570_zpsqil7xnyy.jpg

DSCN5555_zpsvbb28gzv.jpg

There used to be two near Wisbech in Cambrideshire

I believe they were owned by someone in Yorkshire and were being cared for by a guy (now passed away) I wonder if this is one of them

One used to go to Stourpaine in the late 70's, owned by Roger Bastable I think

In a book written in 1983, there were two listed in preservation, one was AMP80, a personnel carrier, owned by Miles of Shaftesbury and the other, no number, was a gun tractor owned by Lambe of Fenstanton.

Richard quite correct

Derek Lambe was the custodian of the two from Yorkshire (only one listed though) and were kept at Guyhirn (near Wisbech)

The other ended up owned by Roger Bastable

Derek was a fascinating man, was apprenticed to Frank Perkins, served in the REME during the war returned to Perkins and worked in the trials department

Spent many happy hours talking to him, he owned a Humber box (ex BBC) that he fitted a P6 into. This is still on the rally scene

A very knowledgeable man

• 2 months later...