Land rover fuel tank with heater built in.

Rubberduck

Originally for Series Rovers , there were a choice of 4 qty. differing top filler (underseat) tanks) - refer to the Series Optional Parts book , they were rationalized along with S/S to the current genuine STC613 tank. That cover plate and gasket blank (along with tank securing) was part of the standardisation with genuine tanks - so if a genuine tank is a good dating "change point).

IIRC because that plate / gasket / screws c/w tank - there is no LR part number.

The "copy-part" tanks - during 1980's , the good ones could only be identified by the side-panel pressed strengthening indents (mirror image).

Offhand - I don't recall all the rivet-counter aspects , but it should be possible to "change-point" and arrive at the D of M , but ISTR that plate = multi-model / petrol or diesel aux. Series and Defender (yes , strange that the Defender tank was clam-shell construction, so if you wanted same appearance near/offside & underside - you had / have to fit the Canadian manuf. tank with a different filler cap, ask me how I know.