hello from the US

draganm

just introducing myself as NOT a spam-bot. :-)

Name = Dragan in the USA

Saw my first AFV's at age 5 at the Kalemegdan fortress in Boegrad, what was then Yugoslavia 1972. there was a Skoda built Panzer 38t, Pz-2, and a Pz-4 along with assorted American and Soviet armor that was either sold or donated to the Yugoslav government after WW2.

Been fascinated with them ever since, although I don't own any. Closest I've come is some modeling in high school with Tamiya kits, including Diorama's my brother and I built and entered in the local hobby shop contest. Lately, I've re-kindled an interest in all the stuff that's being dug up, pulled out bogs, and welded back together by enthusiasts.

I'm a machinist and now instrument maker, 33 years experience. Thinking about eventually becoming on of those " old guys" who volunteers his time some day to a restoration project like the Littlefield Panther. You know the guy, reading glasses, coveralls, standing in front of a lathe and turning a custom part or tool. ;)

So here I am

Welcome from another virtual ex-pat!

I'm in California and eagerly awaiting my first armor, a pair of CVR(T) which now that I've suffered some rather nasty fees for "random" enhanced customs inspection, should arrive any day now.

P_

Welcome from another virtual ex-pat!

I'm in California and eagerly awaiting my first armor, a pair of CVR(T) which now that I've suffered some rather nasty fees for "random" enhanced customs inspection, should arrive any day now.

P_

Meaning 'Lets have a play with these?' :-D