Guernsey liberation tour 2015

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and hope you all come back again with more friends.

The weather was perfect for the week and I saw a lot of you out and about, however I did not have time to stop and chat to you all so I will say sorry now and hopefully I shall in the future, the ones I did chat to seemed to of had a great time and they were more than happy to let me look over there vehicles..and some very nice ones they were.

Once I have some time I shall get all the pics I have uploaded.

To give you some sense of scale on the green fleet side this is a pic just before we set off.

The weather was indeed perfect....except the diabolical crossing on the Wednesday:-X

Great aerial photo.

Thanks

Hi Ian,

Good photos. Did you get home ok and without any issues?

Hi John I've loads more photos to upload yet including lots of you strangely.

Yes we did get home ok thanks & hope to be at Overlord next weekend.

Got a nice award ;)

DSC03004.JPG

Hi John I've loads more photos to upload yet including lots of you strangely.

Yes we did get home ok thanks & hope to be at Overlord next weekend.

Got a nice award ;)

Good to hear she got you home. I little wet though?

Oh Tony two little things, the flag goes the other way and didn't HRH look awesome in her Guernsey green dress ;)

OK, the flag blew up acros the windscren, so came rapidly off! :D I also count about 100 vehicles, so I'll give you that as well. We had 90, but ours had more big ones! :angel:

Mind you if Condor had organised the Liberation, we'd still be waiting.

OK, the flag blew up acros the windscren, so came rapidly off! :D I also count about 100 vehicles, so I'll give you that as well. We had 90, but ours had more big ones! :angel:

Mind you if Condor had organised the Liberation, we'd still be waiting.

I disagree

Condor whilst unable to sail from Poole because of the bad weather (Force 8 ish I think), still sailed from Portsmouth to Guernsey and unloaded their cargo destined for Guernsey at Portsmouth to accommodate the Military Vehicles.

They could have sailed with the commercial traffic and left us all on the quay... they didnt... so am unsure why you think we'd still be waiting?

Tim

Yes Tony but we did 135ish of pre 1945 vehicles we didn't need post war to make up the numbers :D

I think our Force 135 was a little better too, I am a little biased as I led the Guernsey one :whistle:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well done Martin, Paul, Graham and the lady who does dancing lessons, the GMVG proved again they are a wizard group and a wonderful time was had by all. The number of Guernseymen and women who came up and said thank you for coming was very kind. I think the good folk of Guernsey enjoyed it almost as much as we did. Well done Guernsey.

Does anyone have the link to the chap who was on the camp site who photographed everything?

Jerry

Hi Jerry glad you enjoyed your self and you were made to feel welcome, all us islanders are always greatful to people who help us celebrate the liberation.

I asume you mean the old boy who invited himself into wagons:

barryjameswilson@btinternet.com

Mash.

Mash

Thanks for that he'll be the very person - many thanks

Jerry

Yea we thought after our liberation day victory and HRH in her Guernsey Green dress whilst in Jersey, you guys needed cheering up. :whistle:

I am sure people are, I know our force 135 have plans being drawn up and feelers out to make the 75th even better but that's classified Top Secret :-X