Capacitor Help

Marmite!!

I need to find a replacement capacitor very urgently, problem is I've done a search on the info on the capacitor case & nothing comes up.. this is what I have..

TW 250 380

W03 BXS

UK MADE

Anyone decipher that lot :dunno:

Cheers

Lee

no other markings, it's out of a Shrike MkV which we use for our pyro http://www.bdlsystems.com/downloads/ShrikeExploder.pdf there's two of them in there but one of them has broke loose & the poss lead has broken off.. was thinking if I could get an approx value I would replace them as a pair.. the dimensions are 18mm x 35mm approx

the input voltage is 15volts with an output of 319v-400v

I need to find a replacement capacitor very urgently, problem is I've done a search on the info on the capacitor case & nothing comes up.. this is what I have..

TW 250 380

W03 BXS

UK MADE

Anyone decipher that lot :dunno:

Cheers

Lee

Lee I don't understand about the rating. Are you sure the component is actually a capacitor? Input 15v output 319v etc is not the way a capacitor would be rated. It would normally have a capacity value microfarads, picofarads etc & a max voltage working often quoted as a DC & an AC value.

TW I assume is the manufacturer & 230 380 the part no. Searching for TW250380 yields nothing. Just 250380 reveals items from surgical bone nibblers to a lens but no capacitors.

WO3 BXS reveals nothing, but could it be a post code.

8633 reveals items from a US roller bearing to a German toilet, but no capacitors.

I can't look through capacitors & see if something matches as more than a quarter of a million are listed.

So is this a capacitor? Perhaps it is a step up transformer. Disconnect the good one & measure resistance values & compare with the suspect one. If they are all open circuit maybe it is a capacitor. I can always measure the capacity for you on a capacitance bridge.

Hi Clive,

sorry when I say input voltage I mean voltage of the battery, there is a step up transformer in the circuit, I'm 99.9999999% sure they are capacitors as there's nothing else big enough on the board to hold an initiating charge of 400v... also the maker is http://www.bhc.co.uk/ who only make capacitors, emailed them several time & no reply, nothing in there catalogue that matches, this shrike was made in 1986, going back to Maplins tonight to have a search for two fat capacitors to stick in there..

Mark,

BDL Systems that make the shrike will not give any info as they were supplied under a MOD contract.. :-(