Recession ? what recession ?

Ian L

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-DESMO-TRAILER-T-PLATE-BEDFORD-MORRIS-COMMERCIAL-FODEN-ERF-FORDSON-NOS-/371184398020

Amazing price !!!!!!!!!! anyone else want to pay that price for one as I've got 2 new one's in packets & 4 good secondhand one's.:shocked:

5 years ago I got 75 quid each for 2 new ones that I had..........I thought that was a record!

But this much...shows how hard they are to find.

That's why prices have gone up Ian !

Yes David :yawn: so when I see a new one forsale at Beaulieu auto jumble for £40 like I did this year I should just walk past ? like you would in a antique shop if you saw a bargain, even though I need them for my trailer restorations ;)

....at the moment....:D

Hi John

As youknow I aquired "T"'s 3 years ago, I payed £210, found at the Great Dorset Steam Fair, but that was for 10 "T" plates, two slightly tatty but the rest fine. They helped to complete several restorations, I sold most at £35 & kept one as a spare

Possibly my best find ever!!

I've just contacted the seller and he might have more, if so I'll put them on the forum at a fair price. Present prices are realy inflated.

Watch this space.

Regards Robin

Hi John

As youknow I aquired "T"'s 3 years ago, I payed £210, found at the Great Dorset Steam Fair, but that was for 10 "T" plates, two slightly tatty but the rest fine. They helped to complete several restorations, I sold most at £35 & kept one as a spare

Possibly my best find ever!!

I've just contacted the seller and he might have more, if so I'll put them on the forum at a fair price. Present prices are realy inflated.

Watch this space.

Regards Robin

Evening Robin,

Yes, I do remember and that you were very fair on the prices when passing them on.

When I was looking for a spare plate early last year, the "going rate" on Ebay was about £80.

The latest price just shows that there is a demand for them.

Cheers

Hello, I am after a T plate for my trailer. we have been trying to replicate on but is not so easy, you can see on the picture that my T-plate is really rusty.

Guy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98757[/ATTACH]

Hi Guy you can have one of my T plates mate.

Great Ian, when I come over I still have some repaired parts for your QL. think it will be in March next year.

Next work on the trailer will be the riveting and making a new tailgate, normally the trailer will be ready for W&P show next year.

Guy

Hello, I am after a T plate for my trailer. we have been trying to replicate on but is not so easy, you can see on the picture that my T-plate is really rusty.

Guy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98757[/ATTACH]

hello guy

what are you doing with your old rusty t plate

i am looking for a bad one to repair one of my t plates i am missing a few reflectors

regards hans