Is this a genuine Wolf for sale?

utt61

This is advertised for sale by Stratstone at the moment. It's a but of a puzzle, with a "registration year" of 2013 and 81k miles on the clock. It looks very clean and tidy, but those aren't (as far as I know) military wheels - they're not Blindos.

Is it a genuine Wolf or a replica? Any thoughts or opinions?

It is rather nice!

http://www.stratstone.com/vehiclesearch/used/VehicleDetails.aspx?registration_number=p216pda&marketingsourceid=256

Snorkel is on the right so should be a 300tdi

I think they are military rims as they fitted them to pinzgauer and 110's. Never seen them that i can recall on a 90. I was told the purpose of the alloy rims was to reduce some weight as the 110's were heavily overloaded. If are mil spec rims there is a lot of cash in them

A lot of miles

They're actually not military rims. The military version (aas used on WMIK and Snatch) is the Blindo which has even spoke spacing, these are an aftermarket "Blindo-like" rim with uneven spoke spacing.

If this was a genuine military (or factory UK-military spec) 90 I'd expect it to have the standard HD steel rims, not alloys.

90 wolf's come with the standard wolf rims as the spare is, also it looks like the owner got a bit excited on eBay by getting the wmik grille and basket. The rest of it looks genuine.

The wheels on this one are Terrafirma wheels, which look very similar to the Blindos but have uneven spoke spacing (Blindos are equally spaced). I didn't think that the MoD used Terrafirmas, but I have just have a photo brought to my attention of a Snatch, in service, with Terrafirmas!

However I have never seen a 90 in service running on alloys.

99% certain that is a Wolf 90, it has the right rear tub mounting to crossmember arrangement for a wolf chassis and correct rear axle.

If its registered as a 2013 that is indeed odd and would need careful checking. Could be a new bitsa.

I'm looking for a Wolf 90 if anyone has one.....not at that price though!! :nut:

• 2 weeks later...