How does a police department lose a Humvee?

fesm_ndt

Thats 'the land of the free' for you. I prefer it in the UK. My local town is bigger than 700 people and not only can do without armoured Humvees but also does without a police station and most of the time any police at all! It is not a posh middle class suburb but is actually classed as a deprived area. We occasionaly get 'traveling people' stealing quad bikes and tools from unlocked farm buildings and idiots in town getting drunk and fighting but I think that tying them to a post so people could throw vegatables at them would be a better response than assult rifles.

Mods, feel free to remove this if it is not appropriate !

David

theres a scheme in the usa post 9/11 that gives government money to amongst others police departments,think this was originally be spent on emergency communications and the like,but they soon found small and large police departments could get ex military humvees assault weapons , barrat 50 cal sniper rifles etc which is why one horse town police departments seem to have a awful lot of full on military hardware.

"Meanwhile, Sheriff Tom Jones of Grant County, Wash., said he expects to be reinstated in the program after the Washington State Patrol finishes investigating the disappearance of one of its government-issued M16 assault rifles. “One of my chief deputies is overseeing getting back on the roster,” he said."

So that's what he does when not appearing on 'The Voice'