Barn find warbirds!!!! Sort of!

Jack

Connie Edwards toys, they're a real time capsule from the late 60's/ early 70's his spitfire is up for grabs as well which has a confirmed history from build date in 43 straight through until fettled to fly during the Battle of Britain film and bought by him and taken to the states, having been overhauled a couple of times but never rebuilt.

Steve

That brings back memories of an apprentice when the filming for Battle of Britain was going on of being on the roof of Marconi House in Chelmsford as the B-24 camera ship led 3 Hurricanes 12 Spitfires 16(I think) 109’s two Hinkle’s in formation over Chelmsford flying South-East. Then a while later I visited Duxford as they returned from an afternoons filming and watched mesmerised as they flew over in formation to break for landing, the sight the sound wonderful thanks for posting the photo

I remember seeing the film while on holiday in Norfolk at Cromer cinema in August 1969 which is odd as the release date according to the web was October 69. I also have a recollection of watching from the cliffs some of the planes flying over the coast including the B-24 but that must have been 1968 unless there was a fly past for the film show I was only 13 at the time.

Many classic aircraft have passed thru Connie Edwards hangars in Texas over the years; some have remained to gather dust such as the BoB Film Buchons & Spitfire he acquired post filming.

He also still owns a Sherman tank which until recent times is/was a runner.

The BoB Film B-25 was known as the ‘Psychedelic Monster’ due to its high vis colour scheme for air to air filming, flown by the late John ‘Jeff’ Hawke an equally colourful character whom I had the pleasure of meeting at many airshows in the early eighties during my BBMF days.

Jon

Now, that would be nice!

The Mosquitos used in the film were:

List from Wiki.

[video=youtube_share;su5JWj8Wlec]