3 go mad in Weymouth - the true story.....

The Mack, the Sherman and the ambulance...........

The best laid plans of mice and men are always game for a laugh. The WHO command team had been planning a meet up between the three of us in Dorset to combine with Weymouth’s Veterans weekend events. This involved the perpetually sunburnt Dutchman, Joris, flying in from somewhere unpronounceable and me driving over from sunny Essex to rendezvous with Jack in Dorchester, the likeable county town of Dorset. Such are the delights of the British roads system the flaming journey took me nearly six hours travelling round London and then heading southwest; a distance of little more than two hundred miles. But I got there in...

http://www.warhistoryonline.com/articles/final-drive-dorset-misadventure-mark-barnes.html

DSC_6111croplowres-640x429.jpg

What a disaster for your weekend Mark, hope you recover ok but looking from another angle in the present climate of suing anybody for anything there might be a few quid in it:D As per usual I blame Jack:cool2:........you must have tripped over his barnet.

Edited by Degsy