47 RM commando parade Port en Besisin june 7 2014

christianV

For the ones who were in Port en Bessin on the seventh , there's a ( unfortunately very downsampled by Utube ) video of the parade.

I went as a spectator to be sure to catch everything and i'm glad i did as the quality of the vehicles involved ( and uniforms - i think they should always go together ) was fantatstic.

Couldn't resist to jump in our Katy and film a bit from in there at the end though :-)

I remember Bayeux back in 94 and the unequaled impressive amount of WWI vehicles in the whole of Normandy during that week ( i also recall the weather ... ) like Sherman's and Stuart' on the supermaket parking lot and stuff like that.

Gave you a feeling of traveling into time and what it must have been during war but, allthough we were in that parade with the Austin as wel ( right behind a Matador with a huge teddy bear in the back ) i do not recall having seen so many british vehicles 20 years ago as i did this year.

And , yes , i fell in love with the K6 :-)

Hers's the link :

For the ones who were in Port en Bessin on the seventh , there's a ( unfortunately very downsampled by Utube ) video of the parade.

I went as a spectator to be sure to catch everything and i'm glad i did as the quality of the vehicles involved ( and uniforms - i think they should always go together ) was fantatstic.

Couldn't resist to jump in our Katy and film a bit from in there at the end though :-)

I remember Bayeux back in 94 and the unequaled impressive amount of WWI vehicles in the whole of Normandy during that week ( i also recall the weather ... ) like Sherman's and Stuart' on the supermaket parking lot and stuff like that.

Gave you a feeling of traveling into time and what it must have been during war but, allthough we were in that parade with the Austin as wel ( right behind a Matador with a huge teddy bear in the back ) i do not recall having seen so many british vehicles 20 years ago as i did this year.

And , yes , i fell in love with the K6 :-)

Hers's the link :

Great video thanks for sharing, nice K5 there to;)

Oh, yes RM commando!Like, this re-enacment, Im 10IA commando heart.

My group was in Port ebessin parade, but I was 3km near Arromanchess, completely blocked the road in both directions, disaster ....

Tom

Those traffic jams around Arromanches were a nightmare , they had something going there just before the parade in port en Bessin but i was well adviced enough to avoid it (well most of it, i only lost 30 minutes)

Great video thanks for sharing, nice K5 there to;)

Yes, that is a very nice K5 and if we are talking about Austin's , the K3 is a piece of art as well.

In fact i'd dare to say that all the Austin trucks from that era look nice.

But then , so do the Bedfords, the Scammels, the Matador's ... :wow:

I was there in one of the many Jeeps and a great event!

All credit to Marc De B.

Highlight of that Saturday was to be given the opportunity to drive one of the RM veterans up to the formal ceremonies at the East and West memorials.

IMG_6473 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_6429 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_6437 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_6448 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_6453 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_6466 (1024x768).jpg

I was there in one of the many Jeeps and a great event!

All credit to Marc De B.

Highlight of that Saturday was to be given the opportunity to drive one of the RM veterans up to the formal ceremonies at the East and West memorials.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92542[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]92543[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]92544[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]92545[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]92546[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]92547[/ATTACH]

Thats' quite an honour you had there.

I have an enourmous respect for them but never know what to say to them.

But i was really glad to see them around and really liked to see them talk to children, about what it was like.

Passing on the message , seventy years later...

For sure the parade at Port-en-Bessin was great and the quality of the vehicles was so special, thanks Marc for organising this remembrance.

We had a bit off a show of with are Bedford QL's, long time that we had 6 in line with one Austin K5!

Guy

QL's port-en -Bessin.jpg

very nice photo(!), Im happy becouse one QL is owner my my very good friend, I little help wit restoration, but mainly with transport QL to Normandy, it was happy time,

think my friend "Ferbi" is only one owner with tin pedestal for chemical colour(!)

thanks for this photo, I not see, i was out side, with Tilly ,close on road near Arromanchess,

regards

Tom Higgins