Danish Powerwagon

Rangie

Hello folks, I am planning another addition to the fleet.

I have found a pair of Dodge Powerwagons, ex Danish army and UK registered. The best is a soft cab, the worst a hard cab with spectacular rust but good spares.

Laid up for 20 years, but a straightforward recommission.

I'm having difficulty nailing down the year and model designation. The salient points are:

10 digit chassis number, 24690XXXXX

Vehicle, 2M300

Engine, R65M, 251 cui

Both look like 1-ton models, 126 wheelbase, winches, short bed sides/tailgate and hoops/canvas.

Anyone able to shed light/point me in the right direction?

I would like to get a model designation so I can find/pour over a manual/parts list before negotiating.

What I have found is that apparently 600 were bought by the Danish Army between 1962 and 1967?

Don't want to post pics at this stage :cool2:

Regards

Alec.

Edited by Rangie

They were all the same spec, I think M601 was mentioned but not sure.

US cab and chassis, with or without winch, bodies I'm sure were Danish for the old local content. Many of them went to the US in the late 1990s, and still more were broken up for spares to restore WW2 WC trucks.

As far as the engine and mechanical bits go - Dallas Autos near Reading. Steve and co will have spares.

We had 6 Powerwagons for site use in Ontario Canada 1982 on Meaford tank range.

Too much power, you could wheel spin in 4th and get bogged in on concrete (Well mud ruts that had set to concrete anyway, a landie would have had no problem)

Rust was a problem with them as well.

They where going for scrap when we finished with them all we had to do was to keep them going.

Same story with the fleet of Deuce and a halfs.

Thanks for the info folks.

I have narrowed it down to a 62 to 67 WM300.

Next thing is, what do the folks who own the older WC generation have on their registrations?

Historic/PLG/Special/Agricultural? And which (if any) exemption category do you use for MOT purposes?

I do not wish an MOT/EXEMPT war of opinions, I see merits either way, I am just information gathering.

Alec.