Opinions Sought: Camo Pixie suit in WWII?

Old Git

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know! But bear with me a moment!!

Just taken delivery of a Czech language book on the 1st Czechoslovak Independent Armoured Brigade Group, it's called "Cromwelly československé brigády" and the authors are Vilém Fencl & Petr Lošek. On page 94 there are a couple of large size pics that have me intrigued so I thought I'd ask the experts for an opinion.

So, were looking at all those lovely tan Pixie suits and then the two chaps on the left side, at the end of the first and middle rows.

czech-1a.jpg

Definitely Pixie suits but not so tan looking are they. Thinking they might just be dirty and want a close-up, look at this picture below, these two pictures appear next to each other in the book

czech-1b.jpg

And here's a picture of a camo pixie suit in use by 8KRIH in Korea, (chap on right) again in black and white so you can see how difficult it is to distinguish it! It's a bit clearer in this pic because they are in direct, strong sunlight which helps pick out the various shades.

8krihkorea.jpg

As I say, definitely intriguing! I'm still trying to translate the text that goes with these pictures as Google translate doesn't really do a very good job of translating Czech! Very interested to hear what you've all got to say on these!

Edited by Old Git
fixed Czech spelling and added authors names