3HW footrest spacers

agmerlin

Hello Everyone,

whilst working on the clutch I had to remove the left side footrest which is mounted on a common stud that goes right through to the opposite footrest. The stud goes through the two mounting brackets on the back of the engine and here is the question. Should there be some sort of spacer between the two mounting brackets? There isn't one on mine and it looks to me like the nuts on each end of the stud had been over tightened at some point causing the mounting brackets to buckle, hence the question!!

Andy

Absolutely right Guy. My mistake! I've built enough Triumphs that I should have remembered!! I was mixing up the distance tube with the foot-peg support tube in the parts list. The pre war tube is 2 1/2" long. However the 3HW has a different part number for some reason ? F2327

Ron

Thanks Ron and Guy,

i thought it was a bit strange that there was nothing between the two plates especially with the two big nuts on either side. It's no wonder my plates are buckled. Time to talk to a friendly engineer with a lathe!! :cool2:

Thanks once again

Andy

• 4 weeks later...
Absolutely right Guy. My mistake! I've built enough Triumphs that I should have remembered!! I was mixing up the distance tube with the foot-peg support tube in the parts list. The pre war tube is 2 1/2" long. However the 3HW has a different part number for some reason ? F2327

Ron

Well just to end this story, got a friend of mine to make up a suitable spacer but here is a picture I found on the net clearly showing the spacer. It's item 29

thanks for all your help once again chaps

image.jpg