Chevrolet C 60 FAT

Kenny

Question

Dear,

I have the opportunity to get an Chevrolet C 60 Field Artillery Tractor.

This one is in running conditions and original paint with radio and 4 spare wheels. The only missing part is the rear, the kind of cabin.

Do you have any idea about a price of this truck

Thanks

6 answers to this question

First make sure you know what you are buying - C60 and FAT are two different types of truck (although they share a lot of components). The FAT is a shorter wheelbase and is probably more desirable. Check the data plate if it still has one.

Generally you are probably looking between £5-10k with 8 being around average, depending on condition. That said wartime kit is always on the increase so I may be a bit light. Ultimately it's what you will pay for it, if you really like pay a bit more.

Haaaaa,

Dears thanks a lot !!

I ll get more informations about it. Since you told me that I had looked for more info and found out about size and power are differents.

Thanks

I let u know later

Kenny

Kenny I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, however to put the record straight for others who may read this thread and wonder,...........all Chevrolet CMPs use the same 216 cu in engine through out the range with the exception of the C60x 6x6 which has a GM 270 unit. Gearbox are common, the difference comes in the transfer box and rear axle ratio along with wheel base, tyre size, frame gusseting details and of course body and cab details these will be dependent on year of manufacture.

I hope this gives you some idea of the questions you could be asking I would also recommend you join the Maple Leaf Up forum which has CMP collectors from all over world on its forums.

Pete

Edited by Pete Ashby