Stoneleigh February 2nd 2014

If anyone has anything they want to take down and put on our stall to sell feel free to we are in Hall 2 at the bottom corner

as usual or just call for a chat or leave your goodies till later rather than lug them around the show all day and keep your

eyes peeled for any thieving bas****rds if you see any just give us the nod and we will deal with them

Commander

Hi all,

I'll be there again, a mate has a stall, and I'll bring some goodies too!

Is there anyone from Northampton or near there, who could pick something up from there, and bring to Stoneleigh?? only a small bit, but the people don't want to post!

Cheers,

Lex Schmidt

Hi Lex , have you got this item sorted to be picked up from Northampton

Commander "Chris Bond"

Reading all the comments on Facebook about the new charges for reenactors support parking I think Rex's stall will have queue to talk to him..

yes for our group thats about £600... quite a chunk of change on top of getting all out kit there and putting a display on.

I've just got back from Stoneleigh, what a waste of time. The traders list on the website was a lot bigger than the trader list in the programme. The website also listed various displays that weren't there, I have just noticed that the dioramas listed are for 2013!! I was particularly looking forward to seeing the WW1 Jeep that mentioned on the home page of the website, I only travelled 2 hours each way, a lot of people travelled a lot further to be disappointed. With all the wrong information on the website, surely it was false advertising.

Edited by johnwardle
Typo

Just got back from the show and thought it ok ish, not much in the way of vehicle parts but there never is so had arranged to collect my engine mount from Chris there I also met up with Mick who gave me some patterns for the engine shields and found a NOS set of points,cap and condenser for the champ thing plus met up with mates old and new and had a chat about the DR tour in Normandy so worth going :).

My only concern is that there seemed to be a set price for kit, I looked for a pig sticker bayonet only to find that they were the same high price on every stall, coincidence ? no chance of finding a deal. I also noticed the same with British gasmasks and tin helmets so did not buy any.

Rant over :D

Stall holders set up the previous day if they can so it gives them all the chance to have a wander around and adjust prices to how they see fit. Remember though its not a supermarket you can haggle and I do.

As for spares not much for me I only saw one or two things that were Ferret related and as I already had them I didn't buy. In the case of CVRT's in that case I came with the one thing that I wanted the tiller box master cylinder thing ma jig. :-D

Not a bad show, typical insane pricing from the usual suspects.

Bought a K9 manifold gasket for a friend who has a K9, a mostly complete and apparently unused geiger counter (Meter, Contamination, No.1), a few electrical bits, a mine detector logbook (unused, 1945 issue) and a West African printed "notes on the care of instruments" (binoculars, compasses and watches). Oh, and a WS88 Officer's Handset in nice condition for £10.:-D

Failed to buy a WS18 waistbelt (Mk.2 variety) and noted a quite nice Mk.1 (the full width P08 belt) version at £55 - rather cheaper than eBay pricing, but I didn't need another one of those.

I _still_ haven't found the "dry battery cage" that fits the contamination meter - every one I've seen recently has either a vibrator pack or an empty space.:(

Edited by Chris Suslowicz
You always spot the typo after you hit Submit!

Just got back from the show and thought it ok ish, not much in the way of vehicle parts but there never is so had arranged to collect my engine mount from Chris there I also met up with Mick who gave me some patterns for the engine shields and found a NOS set of points,cap and condenser for the champ thing plus met up with mates old and new and had a chat about the DR tour in Normandy so worth going :).

My only concern is that there seemed to be a set price for kit, I looked for a pig sticker bayonet only to find that they were the same high price on every stall, coincidence ? no chance of finding a deal. I also noticed the same with British gasmasks and tin helmets so did not buy any.

Rant over :D

contact epic militaria, thay have pig sticker bayonets with scabard at £13.00 i bought two one of which was a rare marking and still grease packed and in wraping. hope this helps.