G'Day , from pommy Norm.

NormBourne

G'Day guys,

By way of introduction, I'm an English Australian, having been settled in Australia, 42 years. Shortly after our arrival, I bought a series 2A 109 Land Rover, for our journey from Perth to Townsville , Queensland, where I still live.

Im married with three children, now, all grown & flown. I still own the rover and presently am approaching the end of a massive rebuild, but because of the fact that I was establishing an electrical business and later serious health issues, the rebuild is now in its twentieth year.But now retired so this is year is to be the launch year..!

I am an electrician ( retired) and enjoy prospecting, camping, hobby electronics, and ocean fishing. whilst my Rover isn't military, I have an intense interest in all things land Rover, there are lots of military ideas I can apply in getting my vehicle ready for an extended expedition into the deserts of South Australia, in search of Opals.

Anyway guys, I guess I'll get to know you all in the fullness of time.

Norm.

Hi Norm,

Welcome to the forum.

I was in a rally team over 20 years ago where we took a Series 2a to Aus and right across the centre. Remember stopping at Coober Pedy, the opal capital, stayed the night in an old mine tunnel. Quite a place, looked like the moonscape as we approached.

best regards, Richard

Hi Norm,

Welcome to the forum.

I was in a rally team over 20 years ago where we took a Series 2a to Aus and right across the centre. Remember stopping at Coober Pedy, the opal capital, stayed the night in an old mine tunnel. Quite a place, looked like the moonscape as we approached.

best regards, Richard

Hi Richard,

I came to oz years before settling here, and together with my brother and 2 friends, had a 4 month stint at Andamooka, South East of coober pedy, mining for opal, we didn't find much but what it did do was establish an itch which I haven't been able to satisfy in the years since.

But, with a bit of luck this is the year....!

Norm.

First time I drove across Australia was around '74 and the Nullabor was mostly dirt back in the day. Your trip was a few years earlier so I'm guessing even less black top.

I was in Townsville '90 to '93 and went there for a quick trip a few years back and was amazed how big it is now. Still love driving around Oz for some weird reason