Sturgeon's for sale?

BRDM Driver

Thanks jchinuk, that answers my question. I can see that the rear door still has the mounting points for the gunners seat but it has been removed and converted back to APC spec inside. I'd guess that all the Milan stowage got scrapped (lots of lovely aluminium!).
Vince, where did all the internal Milan stowage in Nick's come from as his was ex-BATUS?

- MG

• 5 months later...

Looks like they have sold a few of these this year. Anybody here pick one up?

I noticed the one back in January went for under 2000 (no reserve), a later one for about 3600, then 5000 (met a reserve), and 4250 (reserve not met but I didn't notice it being re-listed). The most recent started at 3400 or so and go no bids.

I was wondering if Withams has been taking the high bidder even when the reserve isn't met or if I want one I'm really going to have to spend the 5000?

thanks,

P_

• 8 months later...

I did wind up having Terry Brooks buy a couple of these for me(02 FF 10, 02 FF 57).

One I'm restoring and one went for spares.

To briefly touch on a few questions mentioned:

The gearbox is removed, final drive flanges are also absent. :-(

The interior was back to APC spec, mostly at least.

The back door had no seat.

One was mostly mssing it's hydraulics.

With two vehicles I got one dash, less speedometer, as you say, chucked in back.

Accoring to the history they were in good running order when they went for surplus and parts pulled.

~3400 each

In general the vehicle looked pretty good, loads of brackets and dross tossed in back, missing the double backrest and some minor interior parts. Track a little more worn than I would have expected but good. The cupola was cemented in place with sealant and is still a little chunky to operate.

In the photos I really didn't like the MCT doghouse on the hull and had planned to strip it and fab some Spartan doors but the ability to stand up in a CVR(T) is really growing on me, especially after an hour or two mucking vile crud out of my Scorpion!

Oh, inside of both fuel tanks was sparkling clean! Not what I expected at all on a CVR(T).

So, for now I'm working on putting the electrical system back together and see if I can get the 6BT running.

Assuming it sounds good (~300 hours on the clock but the spare engine has rust in the turbo) I'll sit and wait for a couple years with my fingers crossed that a gearbox shows up.

I do have a spare petrol gearbox and if nothing proper shows up in a year I might give that a go to see if it will move under it's own power at least.