WARNING ! Another " bargain" jeep !

arcot1751

This is definitely a scam!! I saw this 'Jeep' advertised in August, except the seller wanted around £5900 for it. When I contacted him, he was vague in his reply about the Jeep itself, but all he kept repeating was that my money had to be sent to him via paypal, and once the funds were there, the Jeep would be delivered to me. If I wasn't please with the Jeep, he would collect at his own expense!!! His b******t story was that it was his brothers, who has just died, and that he lived in Germany and was dealing with it. Jeep was in Elgin. I did some digging and discovered that the Jeep wasn't his, had been sold months ago, and that these photos were being used. I contacted ebay, who removed his account. When I noticed this again last night, I've contacted ebay twice, but so far they've done nothing!! They're part of an Eastern European gang, conning people left, right and centre. And again at the time when I researched, he does it with farm equipment, and when you check his other items for sale, he also is apparently selling two items of farm machinery as well as the Jeep!

eBay are a complete waste of time , they are not interested.

moral of the story, don't use eBay[/QU

Im not sure we can just blame EBAY. WE are all adults and such I would hope that we have common sense.

The old nut of " If it seems too good then it is too good"

BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!

TBH we would now all struggle without ebay, not that we all buy from ebay but it opens up the market, its probably the best modern "Exchange and Mart" around......

Has anybody ever fallen for these scams? I would think that most people would be smart enough not to part with their money for the tenuous possibility of receiving some bargain goods. But I suppose that is E bay all around.

Yes at least one member has.. Not sure if it was eBay but he lost a few grand...

Has anybody ever fallen for these scams? I would think that most people would be smart enough not to part with their money for the tenuous possibility of receiving some bargain goods. But I suppose that is E bay all around.

Here's another one...

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?30216-Stollen-Welbike