Ferret Scout - Instrument Panel

PC1075

FIRSTLY...sorry for having to ask such stupid questions to members of the Ferret Community :red:

I have many handbooks and for some reason, I cannot find information about the left-side instrument panel (turn signals, start etc…) – I know this sounds daft but all the “lettering” on mine has rubbed off over time.

Please can anyone post pictures and/or descriptions….

- Between the Yellow/Red Indicators, there is a switch – (not sure for what as it spins freely but also has a pressure for pushing in) …?

- Lock / Off / On – in “Lock” Position, does this cut off all power…?

- Switch between Off/On and Start – no white lettering at all…?

Also…..on the Speedo Panel, am I right in saying to turn off the dash lights, I turn the black cap located next to the petrol gauge…? (I understand if I turn the cap fully, it comes off to show the bulb).

I found the horn and headlight dip switch hidden under the metal cap.

Now all I need is to locate a correct shovel, the only thing stolen off the Ferret during transit!!! KEEP CALM AND FERRET ON... :cool2:

Perfect…..this picture helps a lot.

Now all I need to figure out is what exactly does the “Panel Off” switch do as is swivels freely with pressure to push-in but does nothing when lights and everything is on and working...?

- The only electrical issue I have is the LEFT TURN SIGNAL, lights come on and stay on – no flasher and no dash light, so this may be a simple ground issue or may need to replace the flasher unit... when I put on the four-way flashers, the right side works great but the left side stays on and the bulbs burn hot really fast.

Edited by PC1075

simon last thing on your list round metal cap next to petrol gauge on instrument panel is just a cover for the panel light

if you screw it anti clock wise it releases pressure and breaks contact so the light goes out it is not how you turn the light on or off this done by the switch between the ign and oil lights hows the ferret going

regards wally

YES....sounds like I have a short as the lamp stays on constantly, so for now, I am simply unscrewing the cap to break the contact. Wally.....the Ferret is FANTASTIC and so much better than I thought. I plucked up the courage, read the owners handbook and drove it several times around the block - drives perfectly, just a couple of very small issues to sort out. Remember, I purchased this sight unseen except for 30+ pictures. I fly back home to Torquay next week to finally lay my Dad to rest. He wanted to be cremated so we had a beautiful Rose Garden made for him in Cockington Village in his memory so he can finally be laid to rest. Then when I return home, work can begin on the Memorial Plates for the Ferret in his honor - "Name, Rank, Serial Number, Regiment, Dad, Hero...My Best Friend"

01CC99(1).jpg

Edited by PC1075

Wally, I am indeed missing all (6) of the rubber smoke discharger covers. Tried eBay (UK & US) and several companies with no such luck. I found (6) new flat rubber caps that just barely slip on the end but I was hoping to find the longer versions - so no caps yet. Under new laws passed by the ATF here in the U.S., we had to decommission each discharger by drilling a single hole through each barrel equal to the diameter of the nozzle!!!!! :-(

Griff....You bet, we had to have them drilled back in the UK before entering the US, otherwise ATF would have seized the Ferret at the Port and my ownership would have been very short lived. Tempted to fix the holes with an outer cap to slide over the entire smoke discharger, be my luck that if I was to weld the holes closed, I would be caught at a show by local Law Enforcement.