Hello from Canada...New Owner of Ferret 00DC75

61Ferret

Hi All. Just a quick message to say hello and introduce myself. After many years of considering the acquisition of a military vehicle and wanting something armoured and street legal, I have recently purchased MK2/3 Ferret, 00DC75. Needs some work but is all there and running. Look forward to the adventure ahead and sharing stories. Served in the Canadian Navy back in the mid 80's...Mar Eng Tech (Stoker).

Terry Witiuk, Mississauga, Ontario.

00DC75.jpg

Hi All. Just a quick message to say hello and introduce myself. After many years of considering the acquisition of a military vehicle and wanting something armoured and street legal, I have recently purchased MK2/3 Ferret, 00DC75. Needs some work but is all there and running. Look forward to the adventure ahead and sharing stories. Served in the Canadian Navy back in the mid 80's...Mar Eng Tech (Stoker).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83777[/ATTACH]

welcome ! very nice vehicle !!

Welcome Terry,

Where did yours come from before you, I'm trying to keep track of a number that have been for sale in Canada.

Feel free to email me for my phone number.

There are a number of Ferrets owned privately around Ontario and some close to you.

Always up for a chin wag

Regards

Robin

I'm probably wrong here, but I thought that the Canadians only ever used the Mk 1 Ferrets. Has this one been converted to a Mk 2 specification or was it originally a Mk 2?

Cheers,

Terry

It's a Mk 2, British army registration number.

Thanks to all for the Welcome. Vehicle history cards show this to be a Mark 2/3 that served with the British Army of the Rhine. This Ferret was not one used by the Canadian Army but was imported to Canada sometime in 1995 after being sold off by the British Army. Has been owned by two others before me.

Terry.

00 DC 75 - Ferret (a).jpg

00 DC 75 - Ferret (b).jpg

Hi Robin. Have sent you a pm. Terry.

Welcome Terry,

Where did yours come from before you, I'm trying to keep track of a number that have been for sale in Canada.

Feel free to email me for my phone number.

There are a number of Ferrets owned privately around Ontario and some close to you.

Always up for a chin wag

Regards

Robin

Sorry, my confusion comes from a lack of reading comprehension; I took what you said to mean that your Ferret served in the Canadian Navy (which struck me as a little strange, but I have no idea how the Canadian Navy protects their bases), not that you had. It did indeed appear to be a very British Ferret.

Cheers,

Terry

My mistake...should have been more clear. When saying "Served in the Canadian Navy back in the mid 80's...Mar Eng Tech (Stoker)", I was refering to myself. Thanks for reply/feedback.

Best Regards, Terry.

"

Sorry, my confusion comes from a lack of reading comprehension; I took what you said to mean that your Ferret served in the Canadian Navy (which struck me as a little strange, but I have no idea how the Canadian Navy protects their bases), not that you had. It did indeed appear to be a very British Ferret.

Cheers,

Terry

Welcome to the site! I have a ferret Mk.1/2 00EA85.

From what I'm to understand, the Canadians purchased around 125 Mk.1 ferrets. They leased a half dozen or so Mk.2s from the British for a particular deployment & returned them when done.

Matt

Hello Terry, and Welcome to the site.

We operate a British Mk. 2/3 here, just North of you, in Ottawa, as part of an foundation called the "Cold War Collection". We are a registered Charity and Museum, that operates and restores vehicles from the Cold War Era.

As a Charitable Foundation, part of our mandate is to support others that are helping preserve vehicles of the era. if you have any questions about where to find parts, servicing, maintence, or require copies of manuals to help with your work, please let us know.

Our website is still under development, but we can be reached at the following e-mail;

pisaacs@starmotors.ca

Cheers

Paul and Nick

CWC Canada

Paul/Nick. Thanks for the reply to my introductory post. I get up to Ottawa at least twice a year...great city. Will be in Cornwall at some point during the Christmas Holidays...could possibly plan a visit to Ottawa so that I could meet the two of you and have a look at your Ferret and other vehicles. Your Ferret looks to be in great shape and I hope to have my Ferret looking the same at some point down the line. Thanks for the offer of support and I will most likely contact you with questions.

Best Regards, Terry.

Hello Terry, and Welcome to the site.

We operate a British Mk. 2/3 here, just North of you, in Ottawa, as part of an foundation called the "Cold War Collection". We are a registered Charity and Museum, that operates and restores vehicles from the Cold War Era.

As a Charitable Foundation, part of our mandate is to support others that are helping preserve vehicles of the era. if you have any questions about where to find parts, servicing, maintence, or require copies of manuals to help with your work, please let us know.

Our website is still under development, but we can be reached at the following e-mail;

pisaacs@starmotors.ca

Cheers

Paul and Nick

CWC Canada

Matt. Thanks for the reply. Earlier in the year, I tried to purchase one of the Canadian Ferrets from a gentleman in the U.S. but that deal did not work out. I had known about the Ferret that I now own for some time and decided it was time to get on with owning/operating a military vehicle. Although I've had it for only a few weeks, I'm very pleased and look forward to the adventures ahead.

Best Regards, Terry.

Welcome to the site! I have a ferret Mk.1/2 00EA85.

From what I'm to understand, the Canadians purchased around 125 Mk.1 ferrets. They leased a half dozen or so Mk.2s from the British for a particular deployment & returned them when done.

Matt

Paul/Nick. Thanks for the reply to my introductory post. I get up to Ottawa at least twice a year...great city. Will be in Cornwall at some point during the Christmas Holidays...could possibly plan a visit to Ottawa so that I could meet the two of you and have a look at your Ferret and other vehicles. Your Ferret looks to be in great shape and I hope to have my Ferret looking the same at some point down the line. Thanks for the offer of support and I will most likely contact you with questions.

Best Regards, Terry.

Hello Terry,

We would be pleased to meet with you, just drop us a line before you come up, so we can be sure that we are available

Cheers

Nick

Matt. Thanks for the reply. Earlier in the year, I tried to purchase one of the Canadian Ferrets from a gentleman in the U.S. but that deal did not work out. Best Regards, Terry.

Terry

When the Canadians surplused out all of their ferrets, the vast majority wound up down in Texas (at Red River Parts Depot?). Kind of a shame in a way beacause if you were a Canadian & wanted a Canuk ferret, you had to "re-import" one from down south back into the great white North. I purchased mine from a guy less then 100 miles away from me. He brought in four from the UK (All Mk.1/2s). Shortly after I purchased mine, he sold the remaining three to Canadian buyers.

Matt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83777[/ATTACH]

Welcome to the site Terry.......I am in the USA...My 1954 Canadian Ferret MK1 is very close to Chicago where I have to visit for a few months out of the year....IF ever down my way south west of Chicago let me know..Mine isn't much to look at like most on here but I am proud of finally getting a historic military vehicle in my old years...Wish I had the paper work like you do...Anyway keep up the posts and the pictures and a big welcome again....