Identify these engine parts ?

Ian L

Can you identify these engine parts before I make an offer for them ? I don't think they are for the vehicle that the seller thinks they are for ?

Difficult to see from here, a clue as to what it says on the labels of boxes would help. Are you think Austin K5? I can tell you for a start that the manifold gaskets are not for Austin.

Difficult to see from here, a clue as to what it says on the labels of boxes would help. Are you think Austin K5? I can tell you for a start that the manifold gaskets are not for Austin.

Hi Richard the seller sent me this photo & said they were C8 but that's a 6 cylinder manifold gasket & distributor plus a box of 6 pistons so I'm guessing a 6 cylinder Morris if he thinks C8 ? a clue might be the oil filters ? any ideas now ? cheers Ian

Hi Richard the seller sent me this photo & said they were C8 but that's a 6 cylinder manifold gasket & distributor plus a box of 6 pistons so I'm guessing a 6 cylinder Morris if he thinks C8 ? a clue might be the oil filters ? any ideas now ? cheers Ian

Ian,

You cannot guarantee that all these parts are for the same engine type. The filters do look a bit like Morris ones, but I would still get him to send you details on any labels on the packets. The diameter of the pistons will also give a clue.