Firing my 155mm howitzer

Got some vid will try & post it tomorrow, shame the truck on the Sunday blocked the veiw of most of the public so they couldn't see it firing..

Yes we didnt think about that until someone pointed it out so on Monday the truck was driven in and dropped the troops off and then driven away and came back in at the end of the battle.

look forward to the videos

thanks

It scares me just watching the photo's on the computer.

Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end when fired in anger.

If your scared looking at the photos you want to try standing near it the first time you fire it and hope it stays in one lump, we got 4 inches of barrel recoil on the Monday

Edited by Maverick

If you scared looking at the photos you want to try standing near it the first time you fire it and hope it stays in one lump, we got 4 inches of barrel recoil on the Monday

Interesting about the recoil, I've been wondering about my Abbot. There's no projectile to push against, but you've still got what amounts to a small rocket motor. What sort of charge were you using?

Andy

If you scared looking at the photos you want to try standing near it the first time you fire it and hope it stays in one lump, we got 4 inches of barrel recoil on the Monday

I fired Saladin 76mm for the first time over the bank holiday weekend. I think it is fair to say I s**t myself. Apparently my face was a picture, but boy couldnt stop grinning for ages afterwards!!!

Interesting about the recoil, I've been wondering about my Abbot. There's no projectile to push against, but you've still got what amounts to a small rocket motor. What sort of charge were you using?

Andy

I won't go into to much detail on a public viewed forum but i used black powder, sawdust and flour, works well dosent it :)

Those are really great photos ! How on earth did you synchronise taking them with the gun firing, or did you have a setting on the camera where it takes a burst of photos over a couple of seconds? (need quite a good camera to process so much info though). Do you need planning permission for a bang like that or can anyone have one ? Personally I have always wanted to make a bang that resulted in a 20 foot crater but my wife won't let me.

David

Ps. Yes I do know that we have explosive licensing regulations !

Those are really great photos ! How on earth did you synchronise taking them with the gun firing, or did you have a setting on the camera where it takes a burst of photos over a couple of seconds? (need quite a good camera to process so much info though). Do you need planning permission for a bang like that or can anyone have one ? Personally I have always wanted to make a bang that resulted in a 20 foot crater but my wife won't let me.

David

Ps. Yes I do know that we have explosive licensing regulations !

The photos were taken buy members of our group with fancy cameras, not sure what set up they used but the photos are great. Unless your part of a show you should contact the police and inform them of what your doing and why, they usually then give you a ref number to use incase there is a problem and plod do turn up.