FOUND a 4th WW2 180 Gallon Bowser with Meta Filter & Pump

And theres a 5th one on the way Tony ;) with loads more parts I need.

Sounds like your conering the market!:wow: Still you can go up to 10 days without food, about 2 without water. An essential bit of military kit. In the 1980's a lot were shipped abroad. As they were 'Miltary Equipment' a number were painted red and sold as 'Fire Tenders'. I had one that I used to water horses in feilds and damp down dust in the menage.

Wow Ian, what an amazing find again. A bit jealous now. If you have any spares you want to sell let me know. I need the tow hitch, pump and filter as a pattern, taps, hand brake parts etc.

Dismantling mine and getting all sandblasted but the drums are stuck, cant take them off the axle without cutting the brake linings.

Wow Ian, what an amazing find again. A bit jealous now. If you have any spares you want to sell let me know. I need the tow hitch, pump and filter as a pattern, taps, hand brake parts etc.

Dismantling mine and getting all sandblasted but the drums are stuck, cant take them off the axle without cutting the brake linings.

Hi Duson your top of my list with any duplicate parts I have, will email you once I get the 5th bowser next week.

Great found Ian, next year in Normandy we will have plenty of water that fore sure. If you still find a 1 ton trailer for my bedford just hive a shout!

Guy

Hi Guy I know of another 1 Ton Trailer just like the one I've just bought, are you after one ? if so I will see him this week.

Ian,

the small brass plate denotes it had a Class 2 rebuild at a Southern Command REME Command Workshop, but I cannot confirm which one.

Thanks Richard I knew you or Wally would come up trumps, what else can you tell me about the stampings on the data plate ?

good evening IAN if its there send me the post war number see what l can do about your trailers all l can say is if you fell

in the local docks you would come up with a gold fish WELL DONE

REGARDS WALLY

Hi Wally I still don't have a wartime X data plate or a post war rebuild plate on any of the trailers yet but you never know, the next one might have ? but I did have this data plate posted to me over a year ago by another forum member, what can you tell me about it ?

20cwt bowser brass data plate.jpg

Edited by Ian L

Hi Wally I still don't have a wartime X data plate or a post war rebuild plate on any of the trailers yet but you never know, the next one might have ? but I did have this data plate posted to me over a year ago by another forum member, what can you tell me about it ?

Evening Ian,

All I can add is that "D & P" is Dashwood and Partners, who also built my 10 cwt Electrical Repair Trailer.

HI IAN

THE PLATE dashwood as said water trailer contract for 999

So it is off a water bowser ? I thought it might of come off a 1 ton GS trailer No1 similar to mine, can you tell the year from the X number ?

Edited by Ian L

Morning IAN

sorry for the short reply since we found the details of 82 YM 77 l have been looking at the question of how to date the

wartime cenus numbers one problem it seems is there is a delay between manufacture and delivery on some items

looking at builders records l have found that acording to the build date there seems to be a delay until it comes into

service also they did not leave factories in strict chassis build order but its interesting let you know what l find out

REGARDS WALLY