M8A2 High Speed Tractor

antar

Can anybody help with identifying the location of the M8A2 shown in this picture, I am sure the picture is quite old and it is quite likely that it has been cut up but would really like to know where it was photographed. I suspect somewhere in Germany / Netherlands area.... any thoughts ? I am also interested in any information on these vehicles still in existence.

M8A2.jpg

Antar,

When I found this photo a couple of years ago when trauling through Google Images, I then spent a long time trying to find it on www.m201.de (the watermark in the image seemed to point the way!) but could not see it anywhere. I made enquiries with several Dutch friends but drew a blank also. Like you I think that it is in Germany or Belgium possibly. There is what looks like an M47 next to it which might suggest that it was taken some time ago before the conventional weapon reduction disposal rules started to bite. I also have this type on my 'when I win the lottery' list and have collected what photos I can, also have the TM. PM me with a phone no for a chat if you want. I had hoped that your post would turn up some new info but those that know are keeping quiet.

David

With the rail wheels and old fence in the shot, looks like a scrapyard. Perhaps it was taken at one of Jean Weiler's yards. Trades as 'Army Cars Germany' on Milweb.

Edited by ajmac