Aluminium box body repairs rb44

ferrettkitt

My aluminium box body is in need of repair to its sides the dreaded white powder is around under the paint.

Really I think the aluminium needs cutting out but for the most part the corrosion is hidden behind the lifting panels and makers plates.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77420[/ATTACH]

Its not something that I think its possible to weld more like a new sheet of aluminium plate over the damaged areas and re rivet the plates in place. The rivets are small girlie ones where would I find these?? Plus the gun to re apply them?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77421[/ATTACH]

they look like cherry rivets either cherry lock or cherry max re corrosion unless metal is holed take plates off grind corrosion off using something along lines of scotchbrite pads the ones u can affix to a drill then treat surface with alodine/ali prep.corrosion has started around rivets cause of dissimilar metal.

Edited by griff66

i've got the right size rivets and gun mate, you should have said you needed them when you came over today.

rick

Let me just go and find one of those smiley face jobbies

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Talk about overkill

Edited by ferrettkitt

I have a few bits to touch up and if I had enough paint I would spray the box body sides again. I wish I had sprayed the faded flaps that cover the sockets for the Clansman plugs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77578[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77579[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77580[/ATTACH]