CVRT Sabre engine change

An engine leveler is a big help as it gives you a much finer balance.

Robin

Robin, can't tell if you have an engine leveler or not, but if you are in the market, here is a link to very inexpensive models sold by Harbor Freight. They are a US chain, but I think they ship to Canada. They even have 2 models:

3/4 ton

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/shop-cranes/3-4-quarter-ton-capacity-heavy-duty-load-leveler-67441.html

and a 2 ton...

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/shop-cranes/2-ton-capacity-heavy-duty-load-leveler-60659.html

For the very reasonable price, the larger unit seems to be a can't lose purchase...

Edit: I looked at your photos carefully and see you have a leveler! But in case anyone else is in the market for one, for $45 on sale, it's a no brainer. I am almost talking myself in getting one (and I will probably never have a chance or expertise to use it, LOL).

Edited by datadawg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Robin. Cant believe its been nearly 3 years since I did this job. Agree completely re the engine leveller (thanks Toolman!), even more so if you don't remove the alternator, although having learnt how to do it, I would probably take it out every time now.

I am struck looking at the photos by what a complete dump our old workshop was - given that it was midwinter and the job was done over a few weeks weekends and evenings I must have been feeling really dedicated! Our new place is much nicer, I just never seem to have the time to get there!

Thanks Robin. Cant believe its been nearly 3 years since I did this job. Agree completely re the engine leveller (thanks Toolman!), even more so if you don't remove the alternator, although having learnt how to do it, I would probably take it out every time now.

I am struck looking at the photos by what a complete dump our old workshop was - given that it was midwinter and the job was done over a few weeks weekends and evenings I must have been feeling really dedicated! Our new place is much nicer, I just never seem to have the time to get there!

I hear you mate on that front. Need to buy some time from somewhere :-)