Calling all Commer Karrier K6 (Routes) Owners

munga8

Calling all Karrier K6 owners

I have a Commer Karrier K6 both the top and bottom radiator tanks have seen better days.

I am planning to have some new tanks cast does anyone know if the original patterns are in existence?

Or has anyone got any radiator tanks in good condition?

If you would like a set then please let me know as the more that I have done the cheaper they will .

Will,

I need measurements for (or an original) radiator brushguard, tailgate and hinges, tilt frames and just to be able to study a complete vehicle. I missing the aircleaner. I don't know what pattern this should be. All my data plates are worn away. A copy of a parts list would be very useful. I am trying to get a understanding of the variations of this truck. What should be on early or late vehicle. I haven't been in touch with the RLC Museum yet, but I believe my truck to be 1944 or 1945.

My vehicle was discussed in a couple of threads on here last year. http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?34643-Unusual-Karrier-sold-at-auction-needs-saving-from-scrap&highlight=karrier

Any help would be much appreciated.

Les.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Made a bypass hose for the Karrier got the breaks indicators and working and the engine running - just need a Rad and we will be mobile!

Anybody know where to get a Rotor arm and distributor cap from?006.jpg

Hello,

Made a bypass hose for the Karrier got the breaks indicators and working and the engine running - just need a Rad and we will be mobile!

Anybody know where to get a Rotor arm and distributor cap from?

Try Tim Hodgekiss;

http://www.vintagemotorspares.com/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/hodge?opendocument&part=2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Got the rad together and back in unfortunately the core has several minor leaks, opted to put two tubs of radweld in, which for now, has done a job. I will need to recore the rad this winter.

A big thank you to all of you who have provided me with parts and information.IMG_0340.jpg