Photo Identification Please

The Garrison

Question

8 answers to this question

Maybe 1st Canadian Armoured Div?? The Scammell following suggests a RASC unit, or early REME. It has a walking frame lift on the back. The 'A' Sqn triangle on the cab door also points to an armoured unit. On the bumper is the 'Raging Bull' emblem of the British 11th Armoured, who were re-equipping at the time, the Canadians ending up with a lot of their vehicles. Pretty sure as well that the pillion rider is an American, or a Canadian in parade issue shirt and tie, and with the hills in the background, plus the scrub foliage used as cam, this could be Sardinia, or the far South of Italy??????????

Just an idea.

I suspect that it is a whole lot more than a snapshot ;)

Seriously, seeing the amount of detail in the shadows of what was a very bright day, I'd say a good lens and someone who knew how to compose and take photos, and then process them. I would not be surprised to learn that this was from some archive, or by a photographer who helped create such an archive. I would have been very pleased if this had been mine.

Trevor