Hi all,

I am a new member, and been looking at your remarks on the 1916 W^D Albion owned by my good sell, i have a collection of early Albions from a 1909 car to the 30s trucks, coach ect eight in all , and just finished the w^d which has all matching numbers chassis, engine, gearbox, caution plate ect , sold new to the war department in 1916, i found it as a fire engine down in Essex some years back and wanted to put it back to W^D, just a few bits to finish off, like putting all the w^d miller lights on and two gallon cans, spade, axe, rear canvas ect.

I have had all the white metal bearings made new , mains and big ends , new piston rings as cast iron pistons all ok and she runs great.

so if you see me at a show and would like a ride !! just ask me.

i am also getting the tow hooks cast, four in all.

I started to restore this on the 2nd September 2012 for Beamish show and used a lot of midnight candles to finish it in time, and it started first time and on the low loader to Beamish , which was a great place to run her in, i call her she but have no name yet? perhaps you could help me, or is it old Bill ???

So if RICK in Australia who i have met and been trying to get in touch ever since he came to my house some years back would like some hooks ? get in touch mate.

Well hope to meet some of you sometime .

Cheers for now

regards Mark Farrall Chester

• 5 months later...

Hi Mark. Just found your introduction here and want to welcome you to HMVF. Congratulations on your Albion A10 it certainly looks a treat. I have seen it in numerous British Magazines.

My email address hasn't changed so you should be able to contact me that way.

Do you still have the hooks?

My A10 is in transit as I type this. It has just been over in Adelaide, South Australia for the past 4 months being used in a TV series called "Anzac Girls" a story of some of the nurses in WWI. I was fortunate to drive it in some scenes but only not in any close-ups as I am not a pimply faced youth any more.

Regards Rick.