Hello from N Ireland

hello Raymond ,Robin in Dublin my MK1 Ferret (33BA07) was 60 years old on 9/4/13 ,best of luck ,regards

Robin, my Ferret is a Mk2/3 (05CC40) with a date of 31/12/58. I need more than luck - I'm trying to get it to started.

Are you going to the Curragh on the 19 May?

Hello, welcome to the site!

We love pictures...... :D Can't get enough!! Let's see your beast!

Any experience of Shorlands by the way..........? Just fishing..... :)

Alec.

Alec I read your piece on Shorlands callsigns. Your information and deductions are correct 9 UDR Carrickfergus. I can remember they had 2 Shorlands as they were a rural Bn. Carrick was a bit quiet for such a veh asset and as 5 UDR & 1UDR neighboured their area of responsibility their need was greater. I served in IK5 in 1973- and we got a loan of one of them for a weekend to fire the GPMG.

Some fun! bit top heavy.

You might get some pictures or stories from the UDR mag "Checkpoint" if you can get your hands on one after all these years.

I think the R IRISH HQ in Palace Bks Belfast have one as an exbit as part of the UDR role and history.

Hope this helps

Raymond

Hi Neil I live in glengormley. Having a few problems trying to get a Ferret to start.

See you like "land rovers"

Ray

I'm out carryduff direction. my experience is limited but your in the right club house, plenty of ferret owners found within.

• 1 month later...

Hi Raymond. Ross hear. I own a Ferret just over the border (as it were) in Co.Cavan. I have spent 5years bringing my wagon back from the brink so I guess you could say I have an intamit relationship with it. It had bean burnt out before I got it. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know :D. PM with my number sent.

Edited by Catch 22 LBDR